Flat Discussion Thread

I cant wait either

True there’s different styles with in flat or any type of riding. Like in fmx.

Me too. I think I might want some…Depending on the price.

KH/Onza Style ISIS Cranks?

That’d be awesome:)

well, there already is a pair in 165mm owned by Justin Kohse. So 125s or 140s shouldn’t be too far off.

look at bottom right:

Hey I’ve got a question about rolling wraps.

I hop with my right foot forward but my right foot is also the foot that feels more natural to push the tyre with. So do I hop with left foot forward to learn rolling wraps or do I push the tyre with my left foot and put my left leg infront of the seat (which feels really unnatural to me).

Thanks

Just push the tire with your left foot. If you learn more flat tricks you will probably be using both feet to kick the wheel.
I also hop right foot forward and for rolling wraps I kick with my left foot but if I do an inside or outside roll I kick with my right foot (it works that way for everyone because if you are moving forward you need to kick with your back foot and if you move backwards you need to kick with your front foot).

For wraps and rolling wraps I cannot seem to keep the seat behind me when I switch feet(I put it SI position). Is this a problem? I have only done the first half of rolling wraps (because of this?) and three static wraps (but i put seat SI, in the middle of the trick)…

I have recently tried doing them with the uni backwards and it seems easier but I kind of throw the seat from 1 hand to the other while the seat is behind me…

Cool, I actually landed that before a normal varial roll.

can someone name heeps of tricks in flatland unicycling?
What flat tricks should a begnnier learn first?

Same thing:)

Essentially yes.

But I always like to think of the body position being the only real difference. If you are really going backwards, then I call it a backroll. If you are going more sideways, I would call it an inside roll.

Then again, you know way more about flat than I do :roll_eyes: haha.

I don’t really think the angle of your body should justify a new name for the trick. And I’m sure its not always clear if you are going backwards or sideways, it could be in between. There is no change in difficulty either (for me at least).

It’s less of a change of trick and more of a description in my view. It really is the same trick, but more detailed.

arnt they more expert tricks? isnt that like getting a new unicycle, never done street before and strait away by learning a crankflip?

I think beginner flat tricks are leg wrap and… i dont know?

those are the actual tricks, leg wrap, varials, wheelwalk stuff and all that are prequisites and handy transitions, things to add, etc

and crankflips are beginner street imo

Right, but an in to in 360 doesn’t have its own name, you can say “in to in” if you want to be more specific but its not necessary.
You could also do a rolling wrap then 90 into a “backroll”, or a rolling wrap straight into an inside roll, its just that its more comfortable in those situations to have your body turned the other way a little bit.

Spencer can you tell us how you rebuild(the nubs) your kh moments cranks?
and what do use the most flatlanders a low, medium or high saddle?

Jan H

Hey with the leg wrap once you bring your leg from behind the seat do you go right to sitting down on the seat as you leg moves back to the pedal/ crank?