Flansberrium unicycles

You have no one to blame but yourself :D.

Gratz on the bike show, you deserve it.

Still gonna send you a PM though…

Awesome stuff! The first thought that came to mind was LanceB’s Hotrod 32’er, though I don’t know how handmade that is.

I have my Flansberrium with a Lou if it can help your show :wink:
Not sure how convenient it is to ship but it is for a good cause :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I might end up with 2 unis and 1 Fatbike frame. I just need to finish that bike before the show haha :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m waiting for my new rim to come in for it though. 650b will be freshly build! :smiley:

I’ll take pictures for you! :slight_smile:

Jakob, any plans to use steel for the next run of frames?

Gave my flansberrium a facelift :slight_smile:

Dat Welds Doe

I do want to make one for myself. I need to test it before selling anything. I’ve got a little plan in mind. Cr-moly feels amazing, I want to make my XC 27,5 using Crmo. I need to start making uni frames again before I make that Crmo frame for me :wink:

Very nice!
Now, is that KH Zero or a flattened out saddle?
Im guessing flattened out, but it’s hard to tell…

That’s a Zero.

Nextie’s… Soo pretty…

Nice color, nice welds, nice everything! Darn that’s nice!!

So like . . . . when are you gonna fire the fattie frame factory back up??

Its Spring and I’ve got fat-tire fever and I’m patiently waiting for production to resume.
Any estimates Jaco?

Brycer

Sorry I can’t give any estimate. Things are going well on my side, but I’ve got lots of things to plan before moving on to unis.

I am working on things at the moment, making a few bikes then moving on to unis :smiley:

Ready for Whiteface uphill race!

This is what I plan to ride up Whiteface Mountain at this year’s annual race. 13 lbs. even.

Jakob - any chance you can join us?

Whoa! The 29+ went on a diet or something?! It looks so skinny now!

If you told me before maybe I could’ve done it, but I already had things planned for the weekend. Maybe next year?

I just looked on google maps where exactly it is. Only 4 hour drive, next year I’d be in! :smiley:

Hi Jacob, is the production staring back any soon?

This is the second most-asked question here… just after the one about release date of new Schlumpf :slight_smile:

I Kick Myself

I kick myself for not buying a frame in the first batch. But if you search the forums, there have been a ton of people over the years whose uncle’s friend knew how to weld and they were going to get into the custom frame-making business. Who knew that Jacob’s were going to turn out so beautifully?

Hi!

Things are going slower than expected, sorry about all that waiting.

Right now the thing holding me back is the value of the Canadian dollar, it’s really really bad right now and all my material comes from the US. That would make the frames super expensive. I know, it’s another bad excuse… I will probably order a bit to do my first testings on my new tools and hopefully the currency will go back up by the time I’m ready to make the next batch of frames.

Also, I was roadtripping and competing at Naucc for the last month, now back to work! I have plans for the tube bender, I’m working on something economic to start and then eventually I’ll get my own real bender to make the production faster :slight_smile:

I will be back I swear. You will know when I’ll be ready also :wink:

Update!

NOT YET READY! BUT IT’S COMING!

So, little update for the forum :slight_smile:

Just so you know I’m not just chilling on my computer doing nothing… Things are moving! I’m starting a (very) small prototype batch. I got a used tube bender for pretty cheap, did some tests, didn’t work… made new parts for it, more testing, still didn’t work… modified the piece I made, it ended up working! I need a few more tools to modify the bearing holders I currently have to fit the next (if it ever happens) generation of Schlumpf hubs and disk brakes. Some more material is on it’s way over here aswell, just to be ready when needed (and to save on shipping because I’m going in the US this weekend haha).

I’m not ready for orders yet, but the good news is, things are moving good now :slight_smile: I’ll keep posting updates!

The big problem is, I’m working about 1 day a week on this… that’s because Flansberrium is my second job for now, over time I’m hoping to switch :wink:

jacob

I sent a pm but am not sure I did it correctly. DI’d u receive it?