First ride on a "skinny"

I’ve always thought of myself as a wobbling unicyclist and never really tried to ride anything narrow until today. My riding usually consists of MUni or road Cokering. Today I met with Matt (mkufahl) for a little MUni riding and to learn how to hop. Well, as we were gearing up, the skies opened up and the rain poured down. After riding around under a pavillion until the rain stopped, I noticed the nearby playground had an 8" wide “curb” going around it for a length of just over 100 feet. I decided to try to ride it and made it about halfway on the first attempt. Then on the second attempt, I made it the full length. This was so much fun, I tried again and again and felt quite comfortable with the narrow track and successfully rode the entire section probably 8 or 10 times. It felt so good to accomplish this, as my uni riding is about to get interrupted again as I’ll be going in for surgery on my thumb tomorrow to try to get some range of motion back. Right now it’s still limited to about 4 degrees. At least on my last ride, I actually improved my skills instead of just going for a trail ride :smiley: :smiley:

Yes, they’re a lot of fun aren’t they. Congratulations.

Andrew