First known muni clip (1940s)!

After months of exhaustive research, I have located a film clip of the first known muni ride in the 1940s. Don’t bother watching the film all the way through. The action starts at 3:35 and continues to a UPD at 4:05.

great, even with some downhill-coasting!

that is amazing, great balance, and jumping off and landing back on the unicycle! wow! :smiley:

I can really relate to the UPD when he hits the rock!!

Uncanny! The ultimate in ursine unicycling?

He’s got stillstand SKILLZZ!

I was disappointed to see that the UPD did seem to make him happier, and to instantly forget about his unicycle. In spite of good skills, not a real rider in my book.

Haha, that’s awesome! Thanks.

A wobbling bear, no less.

That’s awsome! I think that’s why the first muni riders started:p Thanks for posting that.

I’ve watched that when I was a little kid. Way before I even know about unicycling. Funny thing is I rember the whole episode but the “unicycle” part didn’t stick out to me at the time.

I’ve seen pictures of Bongo before, but I think that’s the first time I ever saw that clip. :slight_smile:

My favorite part was the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink juggling, with both hands and both feet, while doing a headstand on the uni on the tightwire!

Poor unicycle…

I can do that trick he does at 4:05, over and over again. Then again. Then…maybe not…oh yes…yes again.

My favourite tricks were the MUni crankflip (and what looked like doubleflip. I couldn’t tell…) and the 360 unispin jumpmount at 0:57. :smiley:

You’ve got it wrong. That’s too easy for Bongo. It was downhill no-foot coasting! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, that was a bad UPD he had, frontflipping and knocking his head into the ground! I don’t blame him for being muzzy (Does that word exist?) after that!

EDIT: I don’t see why he prefer that long cranks!? They must hit the ground all the time!