Favorite saddle-reviews

So I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on saddles recently. I have tried a couple and heard about a lot more and I just wanted to know more.

So I want to hear what your favorite saddle is and why. It would also be good to list what type of riding you do. If you do multiple things like you ride trials and commute and use a different saddle for both, why? All your thoughts on it. Maybe you have it modified or maybe you keep it normal. Maybe its the way you tilt it. Think of it as the custom saddles thread.
Pictures would be great for anything custom also.

And I guess I will start.

I have only really used learner seats as well as KH 08 Street saddle and the Impact Naomi saddle.
I actually use the Naomi for both commuting as well as mostly flat and a little street riding. I like it a lot more than the KH(lets not even talk about the lerner :p) because it is a lot slimmer and is easier to hold on to as well as spin and do tricks for flat. And for commuting it rubs a lot less on the legs. It also feels pretty stiff for not having the CF base in there(I would like to add that) but Im not sure how that would do for commuting so we will have to see about that later.

Anyway. Thats mine. Who is next and has something more interesting?

kh fusion street. very slim(good for grabbing for sif), pretty much flat. surprisingly comfortable despite how slim the foam is.

fusion freeride is the best for distance/long hours sitting in the saddle.

a nimbus (which is kh base, but way bigger foam)with the majority of the foam cut off is ok for trials. even with it cut though i still find it very uncomfortable to sit in for a long time

hmm my custom miyata with slim foam and cf base. best saddle ever! i also like the kh fussion freeride for long distance.

My own homemade one with CF base :smiley: i can post pictures if you want…

What is homemade about it other than the cf? Is it your own foam too? Where do you get that? Pictures are always great. We love visual things in this age.

Yeah it’s a homemade foam :smiley: pictures might be up tomorrow :slight_smile:

The only problem with kh saddles is the screw holes in them drift away in the foam a lot. or at least for me

MY KH street with CF base and screwed up cut KH 09 foam

Nimbus Gel- On my muni, not too bad, tilted forward to reduce the effect of the steeper curve. I get a slight numbess after a while but it is bearable.

Qu-ax muni seat- On my 29", quite hard, ok for less than 5 miles, anything over 10 is panful and you find yourself slowng down to reduce the Impact of bumps.

Learner seat- :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Modded Qu-Ax Muni seat with dual density foam and cutaway-
Modded this morning, total cost £9.99 for stapler to put the cover back on with. Foam was out of a garden knealng mat.
Will reivew when I have done a ride on it.:smiley:

Update:

Qu-Ax Muni seat- I went for a ride, was not much comfier than the standard saddle so I changed the angle of the seat which made it better and when I got home put softer foam the mddle. So far so good.:smiley:

My shaved KH Fusion is great… I took quite a lot of foam off of the front and back and slimmed it down for sif hopping. After tilting the front up a little, it turned out to be a very comfy and practical saddle. The biggest problem now is getting the saddle cover to fit tightly.

Did my 2nd foamectomy on my FFR. The first half inch or so is the stock FFR foam. It’s some combo of white and grey foam. I think the vertical glue seams make it feel harder than the foam really is. In my first foamectomy I topped that with 1 inch of the firmest Confor foam (tempur-pedic) and found it better but a bit too squishy and I had tapered the and rounded the foam a little bit too much While not perfect I found it to be an improvement over the stock seat. So after a few months I set out to see what I could do to make it better.

I hit up a local kayak shop and looked through their selection of Minicel foam. I ended buying a hunk of 3/16th inch foam which was pretty soft compared to some of the other hunks. (It was $5 for a piece about 18"x24".) My original plan was to use two layers of it.

So I shaved down the Confor foam, and took off quite a bit at the nose to make the seat flatter. By shaving the foam down I worked down to where the foam was wider which was one of my goals.

I glued down the first layer of minicel foam and then just slightly rounded the corners. When I put the saddle cover back on I realized that I hadn’t really taken enough off in the middle. So I stuck with just the one layer of Minicel foam and I’m glad I did. The one 3/16" foam really firmed it up nicely and the flatter nose worked out well. It’s not a big difference but I can feel the difference, and I like it.

After the first ride and did just a little more tapering here and there and now Im happy with the shape.

So how does it feel now?

I realized two days ago while riding that I wasn’t thinking about my seat. I’m pretty happy with it now. Today was my 3rd day on it and I think I’m set.

Here is the report from my first foamectomy: New foam for Fusion Freeride

If anyone wants to see pictures I took some while working. The whole job probably took me about 3 hrs. Having done the 1st foamectomy this one went pretty fast.

I think my next project is going to be to rework my old style Nimbus Gel seat. I like the seat except it’s a bit fat between my legs. Won’t really know what I have to work with until I pull the cover (Stapled).

I’m loving my Koxx-One Luxury, its nice and thin so it feels good to hold/spin it. I think my next saddle though will be one of those Exceed ones with the carbon fiber bases pre installed… Geez they need to hurry up and release those things.

Right now I’ve got KH foam inside a generic unicycle seat cover with all the normal stuff you would find in any ol’ seat. Love it. I think I’m going to ask for a CF base for Christmas or birthday.

For everything - KH fusion freeride (i’ve only ridden the original model with the groove in the middle)

For trials/Street - Impact naomi with CF base. And a KH cover on it because the impact covers are ugly.