Fabian Mark's record hop (111.5cm)

Outstanding analogy.

I’m sure a lot of people could critisize street for similar things. “This is why I don’t like street. Too much is placed on just flip tricks.” And you know what? Both sentiments are partially true.

Sure, I love trials the most, but I love watching people unicycle and watching a good unicycling movie any day of the week, especially if people are creative about the movies they make. Unicycling is a very enjoyable thing to me. And I’m glad to see other members of the community who have open minds about the sport, those who push the limits, those who celebrate it. I’m psyched about this sport, because it is so diverse. There’s street, flatland, trials, cross-country, distance/marathon, MUni/Freeride/DH, freestyle, track, bc, ultimate wheel, eccentric, giraffe, multiple wheel, etc…

I know I’m partially thread-jacking, but this lack of tolerance to the diversity of unicycling bugs me. Is there anyone else out there who can respect the different genres and sub-genres of unicycling, even if you don’t participate in them all?

Anyway. That hop was pretty cool! I can’t hop that high (yet). It’s nice to see that we haven’t found the limit yet. I wonder what unicycle hops will top out at. No use in wondering. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see, and some of us will be able to keep pushing.

I hope we’ll be seeing more of this fellow in the years to come, and that he continues to be an accomplished and active rider within the community.

I think people are forgeting a MAJOR part of trials here. Ups and gaps are not everything. A good trials rider can ride a rail. I bet there are plenty of people who can hop a good 90cm, but can’t ride a rail very well at all. Big moves are not all trials is, presision and technicality are a huge part of it and those fall under rail riding (granted you have to have presision to hop 90cm or gap 6 feet).

EDIT: To what TrialsUni said. I totally agree about the respecting other other parts of unicycling.

DOUBLEEDIT: Shaun, I hate to say it, and your still an awesome rider, but you’re a bit of a hippocrite. Lke TrialsUni said, your style of street (tech) is way too centered around flips. Sure, you can argue that tech street would pretty much be nothing without flips, but there are soo many other things that can be invented that are as tech or even more tech than flips. I couldn’t go a week without doing ups in my riding (trials) and I’m sure that you couldn’t go a week without doing flips in your riding. Do you know why that is? Because ups and flips are such a huge part of our different styles of riding. Accept that, and tolerate other styles of riding. Stop trying to push street so much.

While I agree with you over all, what happens when that 100 meter backstroker get disqualified (by an official) when he glides slightly too long after flipping on to his stomach at the wall? Or when the sprinter moves just slightly too far forward before the gun goes off, and gets thrown out of the race (by an official)? Seems like a ‘favourable call’ for the guy who placed behind them…

All good points. In short, all events are officiated.

I was so happy when I made 105 cma few weeks ago, cant imagine how somebody can jump so high.

OMFG. 11.5 to 14.5 is a huge step.
This dood is a machine!

WoW ! it’s amazing …

Sick!

Internal Server Error

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

finaly worked… wo

Impressive.

hes got like 35cm on me!! How long has he been riding, and how old is he?

He’s 17, and has been riding for 1.5 years.

wo that’s impressive

the high jump competition of fluck will be fun if he will come

It will not be fun… :stuck_out_tongue:

Suhweet.

xxxx

Does Fabian have any other videos apart from 4am Forever?

I’ve seen that video, but I think the riding to not-riding ratio was a bit off, with a lot of not-riding in it, not that not-riding is a bad thing, the video was great.

I’d just like to see him doing some more conventional lines and see what kind of rider he is independent from his hop height.

Also, I’d like this video to, if possible, be loaded to something like youtube or google video as well as one of the higher quality sites. Limited downloads is a bitch, and my mb budget doesn’t allow for mane large scale videos.

-Keven Mckay

It’s an awesome hop but the method of measuring seemed pretty dodgy to me… I mean, the pallets weren’t stacked straight so it would’ve been impossible to measure straight from the ground to where we see the 114.5 in the video. To suss out the actual height hopped up you’d have to know how far across it was measured from…

to give you guys a ballpark idea of the maths, if it’s measured up 114.5cm and across 35cm… the actual height would be 109cm. (this is just an example)

wow, and i was happy when i hopped 4 pallets

Woow, 114,5 cm :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
VERY IMPRESIVE

Peter M