Extremely lightweight Ti crankset

Well, OK, you can use maestro8’s method to avoid having your Profiles creak: just don’t show up for any MUni rides.

I bought some koxx one double butted spokes, only to find out that they are 180mm and are too long. I need to order some more 172mm spokes. I’m also waiting for the new KH08 rim which I hear has off set spoke holes to lace it up.

I still have my nimbus/tensile setup, so there is no hurry.

[QUOTE=Danni]
I bought some koxx one double butted spokes, only to find out that they are 180mm and are too long. I need to order some more 172mm spokes. I’m also waiting for the new KH08 rim which I hear has off set spoke holes to lace it up./QUOTE]

You cut cut and re-thread them, might be quicker and cheaper.

I have the exact same fluke as Tom. I think part of the issue with Profiles is that you have to get them lubed, tight and creak-free from the outset, or you may cause wear & tear that can’t be reversed. Those tiny splines may be more susceptible to that. All I know is that my right crank always had creaking problems despite multiple re-dos by various bike shops. The same has continued through two sets of new cranks I’ve added over the years, including my most recent acquisition of some 160s.

The cranks went on nice and tight (hammer required), unlike the old ones which slipped off. But the right side still creaks. I suspect minor wear to the splines that has accumulated over the years. I don’t think it’s a super-strong right leg, though that is my dominant side.

My first splined unicycle was the first one on the market (1999), the DM ATU. I don’t know offhand how many splines were used, but after one initial tightening of the pinch bolt, those cranks have required zero maintenance and never made any noise.

Yeah my bike shop will cut, rethread them and build the wheel for 25 bucks, an awesome build job too.

bump!
we’re still waiting danni :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanna see if this thing actualy has been build up allready :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe nobodys profiles creak because some people ride them harder then the average joe. I remember owning different sets of profiles back in the day and they always creaked, after about a weak of usage creaky creaky creak!

it was funny though because now the bike trials guys had something to get mad at me about ( you know, instead of their squeaky ass brakes you hear all of the time)

Danni where are these pictures budday? im stoked, lets see it!

If he is still waiting until the KH08 rim is available seperately then we may not see pictures until March, unless he worked something out with Pete.

Didint Danni sell it?

EDIT: It was for sale, Garage Sale V2

KH 08 rim: http://www.einradladen.net/shop/show_product.php/cPath/4/products_id/510

I’m pretty sure his uni is almost complete.

He has an 08 rim too.

His uni will be soo cool.

-Isaac

Don’t tees us :roll_eyes:

I blame it on climbing!

I wonder if there was a change made to Profile’s design, and when that change might have been made. I got my Profiles sometime in 2004 and have been riding the hell out of them, and only regreasing them once every year or two. Still no creaks.

Shouldn’t you be in bed with a cold or something?

Both Kris Holm and John Long were climbers before they were unicyclists. Proof that climbing > unicycling. :wink:

Oh don’t worry; tomorrow I’ll climb first, and sneeze on my hands right before I hear “on belay”.

Shouldn’t it be the other way around? If climbing were so great, then they wouldn’t have needed to try unicycling.

But climbing just wasn’t good enough so they moved on!

I’m actually in the process of teaching two climbers how to unicycle.

Where is Danni ? he hasnt posted for ageeeesssss…

Hopefully riding!

Ti cranks are known for bending right? I thought I heard that.

Is danni’s set up lighter than the kh ti?