Exhaused Four Hundred Feet

I started riding about 6 weeks ago and am in my 40s. It is good to know that I am in such good company and that not all riders are 17. I also had the same problem of being tired after about 400 yards. It has gotten a little better. It is also good to know that such tiredness is normal. I don’t know of any uni riders in my area, so I rely heavily on Unicyclist.com for information.

Cheers.

Anything wrong with the 17 year olds!?! :angry:

Hehe, jk.

Anyways, welcome to the forums. Any questions you have, we will answer.

welcome.

The tireness and the fear will go and soon you will be riding for miles.

I followed this advice today. And had no assisted mounts. I think that is what I’ll count from now on… not the successful freemounts but the assisted mounts. Try to keep it as close to zero as possible yet still have fun.

Hm… I guess this could be a perk. For some of us. :slight_smile:

I’m happy that i’m the only unicyclist in my family. It makes me unique and if someone else was to start learning in my family. That uniqueness will vanish. :smiley: :smiley:

you got a case of IUR

Iintoxicated
Unicycle
Rider

it’s a thing all unicyclist go through

give it time it’ll ware off as you get aquainted with riding.

old farts riding uni’s

I’m 55, going on 30. I learned to ride a 20" Schwinn about 35 years ago when in college. I hadn’t been on one since that time, but got the urge and impulsively bought a Torker 26". I started again a couple of weeks ago and was surprised how quickly I was able to ride again. I can now ride about 1/4 mile before my fatigued legs need a short rest. I can freemount about 80% of attempts. My friends and family think I’m nuts, but I think they are envious of my unique ability.
I remember when I first learned to ride, I was so frustrated. It took many hours/weeks until I was able to mount and ride confidently. I lived in a college dorm, and could touch both walls of the hallway…that was a great help learning.
Now I’m considering buying a 36"…sure wish they weren’t so expensive! I want to be able to ride long distance on our great bike trails here in Alaska.
RIDE ON!

you should contact adam at www.justonewheel.com on Long Island. He runs a unicycling club with many riders, and as a club organizer up in canada, i have noticed that you simply can’t argue with the learning speed when riding with a group of other riders at all skill levels.

you should hook up with adam!