Entry Level Muni - New $139 with free shipping

We have a source of entry level 20" Avenir Munis for a very reasonable price. They do not have splined hubs but do appear to be pretty rugged.

Check them out and other entry level unis we have in stock.

THAT IS A TRIALS UNICYCLE!
ok
anyways
that needed to be straightened out. it has a luna on it.

can you source that tire to the US as well?
that would make a LOT of people very happy.

Thanks for the clarification. Our website has been amended to show it as MUni / Trials. Should I drop the MUni reference entirely? I’m not real clear on the difference. They both seem to need knobby tires and solid construction. If I get up the courage to try MUni at my age I’ll probably try one of these Avenirs.

To answer your question on the tire - I’m researching where I might be able to obtain it without the uni.

A 20" wheel is genreally considered too small to roll over obstacles easily, and also offer very low speeds. A 24" or larger is much easier to ride offroad and goes significantly quicker. 20" wheels are only used for Muni by children who are too small for a larger wheel. You wouldn’t take a BMX or mod triasl bike offroad if you could have a 26" MTB, the same applies to unicycles.

Trials - MUni

That makes sense. I amended our listing to read “Trials or Youth MUni Unicycle”

thats good.
:slight_smile:

UDC rates similar trials unis for “drops 10 inches or less by a 150 pound rider”. The only people I’ve heard of breaking parts were doing things like jumping off picknic tables and sets of 4 stairs. The exception is Reef (The Mars Volta), he has bent everything but his frame or rim, but he is doing a lot of hopping street tricks. In his vids he mostly rides on softer dirt and I would estimate him to be 120 lbs.

A full specs list would be good, how many spokes, bearing size, type of pedals, type of rim. If 36 spokes when cranks/hub break there are many brands to choose from (KH, KH/Onza, Koxx 1, Profile), if 48 must get Qu-Ax.

For trials most prefer a seat w/ a handle.

Good entry trials, esp for the price ($180 nimbus, $207 Qu-Ax)

Double post

its a standard squared taper crankset skilewis… so no need to know the make although it would be nice

The Nimbus Trials has a UDC Chromoly square taper hub which is way stronger than a standard steel square taper hub. So I wouldn’t recommend doing 10 inch drops on this unicycle.

jim

More photos.

Here are a few more shots of the uni:

Is this the same unicycle you bought for $160 canadian and you said 2 months ago

?

jim

I had a similar experience as Émile, bought a very similar looking unicycle for $190 CAN it served me well for about a year before I started to repeatedly wreck the cranks (The seat was horrid and I replaced it the first chance I had)

$140 is a good price for the unicycle and it will be an excellent uni to learn trials and regular riding.

I did a bit of MUni with it to but then i got a 26:D