Embaressing moment.

(sorry for spelling)

I have leared how to freemount my giraffe twice in the last two weeks. So impressed with my self I told my principal when I saw him at church. I went to school(school not started yet but staff is there) I had about 30 or 40 teachers watching me. For the love of Christ I could not freemount. But when everybody went inside I was able to get on 4 times in a ROW! :roll_eyes:

Have you ever had am embaressing moment like this?

How aobut starting in a parade and hiting the wrong side of the pedal(the side with max on it) and falling ony our face infront of 500 ppl?

Re: Embaressing moment.

I call it “eye pressure.” It’s even worse in juggling. Having all those eyes on you messes you up. You can ask them all to turn around, but if anyone’s peeking you still won’t be able to do it!

I also remember there was a seemingly interminable period of time between my first giraffe freemount and my second one. I was beginning to think I’d made a totally miraculous fluke the first time… That’s because I didn’t know other people could do it!

I have to agree with you there on the giraffe freemount - the first one I ever did happened after quite a bit of trying on my first day, and I was trying to mount it by simply stepping, onto the pedal, no intermediary wheel step required. I was starting to wonder how I’d managed it the first time, until I finally landed it several days later.

I don’t find pressure is too bad anymore, I think the falls just hurt the ego that much more. :smiley:

Re: Re: Embaressing moment.

Isn’t amazing that simply knowing something is possible helps you succeed? *

The first time I tried to sit on a unicycle, if I didn’t know for a fact that other people could actually ride those things, I never would have even tried to learn. It’s not intuitive that it’s even possible.

• Henry Ford said something like “Believe you can or believe you can’t. Either way, you are right.”

(not sure if you have heard this or not)
I believe I can, I believe I can, I believe I can, CHoo Choo(train rythem)

The Little Engine That Could!
“I think I can I think I can I think I can…”

The same thing happens with the camera. You land a cool trick 10 times. Go to vide tape it later and can’t do it right. Then you practice while the camera is off and get it right… how sucky.

It’s weird. I find when I’m in front of a bunch of people, or trying to film, I often ride either phenomenally well, much better than I normally do, or I fail again and again on easy things. It’s sort of an all or nothing situation.

The same thing happened to me. A couple weeks ago i just learned the transistion in and out of wheel walk and i only landed it once before this. I was riding around for some of my brothers friends and i landed the wheel walk the first time i tried it. Also earlier today i was practicing gliding down my driveway and when no one was watching i could occasionly get 15 feet or so. And then when my sister’s friend was watching i did a glide about 25 feet. But then 5 minutes later, i was trying a suicide mount and i jumped on to the uni and when i started to pedal forward the front of my foot was in front of the frame and i fell on my face.:frowning:

if you are performing something that you are good at, the audience will make you perform better, but if you are performing something you are not good at the audience will make you worse.

i can juggle 3 clubs for about 2 minutes normaly but with an audience i can go for about twice as long. when i first tried WW and got about 3 walks, i would show someone and completely stuff up, but when i got better and could do about 10 walks over and over again i would show someone and i would do about 16 walks. sometimes i perfrom better under pressure.