elsbet 2010 (muni event in liechtenstein/switzerland)

Elsbet 2010

21-24 May

The rustic “Elsbet” goes into its fourth edition, while some is new, because the “old” accommodation is not available, so we go to the Alps in a hut: http://www.pfadivaduz.li/lokalitaeten/malbun/
But this also means that there will no trial park be set up and the street riders doesn’t have big options except they always go down to the valley. A lot is going on of course for mountain unicyclists properly again! We will again have three shuttle buses, old and new great tours, night rides, barbecues (Gypsy!) And also some surprises! but for sure no competitions!

Information:

Cost: 80.-CHF (55 euros) including accommodation, dinner, packed lunches , breakfast, T’Shirts and the ultimative elsbet 2010 CD!

Getting there: At the earliest on Friday after lunch!

Registration: Please note we only accept handwritten applications sent by mail, (the younger ones I like to explain what this is all ;-)), registered is the person who sent the letter, and paid the money.
This must be in the declaration are: Full Address, Vintage, T’Shirts sizes, reasons why you want to come to Elsbet 2010 (includes drawings are welcome). The registrations will be taken into account after the date of arrival (letter and money)

Everything goes to:

Markus Büchel
Floraweg 11
9490 Vaduz
Liechtenstein

Bankers:
Post account:
No. 90-67692-6 / IBAN CH02 0900 0000 9006 7692 6 / BIC POFICHBEXXX

We look forward to seeing you!

Team Turtle (turtle, Julia, Sarah, Valentine, Marc Andi) and helpers

I am tempted … but my problem is that I do not know very long before the event if I won’t be obliged to be present at my office :frowning:
what’s the last date to register?
bear

hi, it’s like this: we’ve got space for about 45 people, if there will be still room, send us a letter and you’re welcome!

a very stupid question: where are the nearest airports?
your advices on coming to this far far away country lost in the mountains?
(kidding : next time I will invite you to Andorra :smiley: this is in the middle of nowhere!)

edit: another question are there insteresting things to do for non riders in the neighborhood -we will rent a car- ? (my significant other is not a unicyclist)

@wobbling bear: the next “bigger” airports are Zurich (1h by car), munich (2,5 h by car) but there are also airports in Friedrichshafen and Altenrhein (but not a lot airlines are there).

for non riders there are many oppertunities, depends on waht your wife is interested in :roll_eyes: other sports, art, culture… ?

This is looking good…

A quick check shows Ryan Air going from Stanstead to Friedricshafen for about £70 and EasyJet from Luton to Zurich for about £50.

Car hire at about £50.

…I can feel an adventure coming on!!!

Or a 650 mile drive from the Channel (each way).

adventure sound good!

today the first letter arrived!

1. Gregor

here a little vid from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_SBQaRQP1k&feature=channel

1. Gregor
  2. Michael L.
  3. Iten
  4. Tamas
  5. Yeti
  6. Stephan K.
  7. Julian W.
  8. Dominik S.
  9. Manuel K.
  10. Markus L.
  11. Smilymarco
  12. Sandy
  13. Sonja
  14. Holger
  15. Christof R.
  16. Tim

the probably best muni event (non competition) :wink: is getting full, so you be better quick!
today i got the letter from david weichenberger, and also some other really good riders will be there, but also the bbq’s, parties and surprises will be great!!

1. Gregor
  2. Michael L.
  3. Iten
  4. Tamas
  5. Yeti
  6. Stephan K.
  7. Julian W.
  8. Dominik S.
  9. Manuel K.
  10. Markus L.
  11. Smilymarco
  12. Sandy
  13. Sonja
  14. Holger
  15. Christof R.
  16. Tim
  17. Armando M.
  18. Stefan B. (CH)
  19. Stefan B. (D)
  20. Cedric (?)
  21. Marcus
  22. Elke
  23. Jogi
  24. Steffi
  25. Sebastian
  26. Mäxle
  27. Bernd
  28. Karl
  29. Jan
  30. Mo
  31. David
  1. Gregor
  2. Michael L.
  3. Iten
  4. Tamas
  5. Yeti
  6. Stephan K.
  7. Julian W.
  8. Dominik S.
  9. Manuel K.
  10. Markus L.
  11. Smilymarco
  12. Sandy
  13. Sonja
  14. Holger
  15. Christof R.
  16. Tim
  17. Armando M.
  18. Stefan B. (CH)
  19. Stefan B. (D)
  20. Cedric (?)
  21. Marcus
  22. Elke
  23. Jogi
  24. Steffi
  25. Sebastian
  26. Mäxle
  27. Bernd
  28. Karl
  29. Jan L.
  30. Mo
  31. David W.
  32. Uli
  33. Aina
  34. Bastian
  35. Gonzo (Scotland!)

tomorrow ist starts!!! with 50 riders from europe, also some famous like david weichenberger, jan logemann etc. we’ll be located in two cabins in the alps on 1600masl. we’ll muni riding for four days including some night rides :D. we’ve got 4 shuttles which bring us up mostly (little uphill riding will be aswell)
i’m so excited that it finally starts!!
here are some pics from the cabins and the trail right in fromt of them earlier this week (at the weekend the weather will be sunny!!!)

Damn… Missed this one!

Have a great weekend. I look forward to seeing photos , hearing how it went and hope to join you next time.

Dave

This event sounds like a absolute cracker! Good on you turtle for making it happen. I think it would be really good if a few events like this could be organised around the time of the next Unicon- so that all the international riders heading over to Europe could ride lots of muni with other great riders in a few different settings. Just a thought.
Mark

pics from the participants (apfelstrudl, charlie.oldie etc.), thanx for them!!

http://einrad-trainer.de/b/bilder/elsbet2010/

http://www.obermayer.co.at/privat/einrad/ELSBET/

http://picasaweb.google.de/Einradhugo/2010Elsbet?authkey=Gv1sRgCL3ageml4MeNCw#

Turtle and co the pictures show what an excellent event it was.A shuttle,downhill muni,on site accommodation and beer,it couldn’t get much better than that.

john

Are you guys going to be holding this event next year? We now live in DK and would likely come if you do. :smiley:

I’m hoping to find some kind of interesting muni event held next spring/summer in Europe that I can train/practice for once I run the marathon this fall. If I don’t have something to train for, I get lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry for answering that late…

YES! we do it again:

elsbet 2011:

10.-13. June 2011!!

Registration isn’t open yet… :o

Hi turtle- have really enjoyed reading about the elsbet and Grischa muni challenge events that you are organising. Would be great if you could set up something like them around the time (and location) of the next Unicon. I would love to come over and ride with you in the alps- and i’m sure lots of other Muni riders from canada/US would too. It could be an international competition!
mark

the next Grischa Muni Challenge will be in 2012, and i talked already with david weichenberger who is organising the muni stuff at the unicon. we’ll try to find a date around the time of the unicon (probably a week after) for the muni challenge. the location will be the sam as this year (from the unicon about three hours by car)… we’ll try…