Elbow Guards - recommendations?

I’ve tried almost everything out there. (661, protec, mace, raceface, troy lee), and I would go for POC equipment. Articulated knee joints for shin guards (so nice for uni) and elbow guards. I also have a spinal protector for mtbing. Amazing company, watch for their gear.

From what I’ve heard, (and this is complete hearsay as I’ve not seen specific comparisons), the POC armor’s VPD material is better at diffusing the force of the impact across it’s surface than the D30 material in the stunt armor, 661, raceface, etc…

they’re both a bit out of my budget for something that’s going to get slashed open by my pedals… I’ve been using the 661 Veggie pads. Cheap, good protection… kinda hot.

Ankle Braces

I’ve worn Donjoy Velocity ES ankle braces for about 6 months now and I love them! They fit my narrow feet and ankles and they fit well within a shoe. They are expensive at about $200 for a pair (left and right braces are not identical and are sold separately) but without them I wouldn’t be able to ride muni at all.

Percussion arm armor

I noticed Kris Holm Unicycles website no longer have arm armor. Anyone care to explain why? I have shin guard, gloves and helmet and now on researching for good elbow/arm guard.

Not sure if it has been listed here in a previous post but I use Fox “Launch Guards”