Echo Hydraulic rim brake

Anybody seen these?

http://www.echobike.com/index1.htm

They’re Magura compatible rim brakes. They should work with unicycles, and they look quite nice. Different colors too!

You can buy them at www.webcyclery.com although they’re a bit price @ $200 each

https://webcyclery.com/product.php?productid=18062&cat=288&page=1

Wow! Those look awesome. I would definitely get some. Any info on how the performance is compared to Magura ones.

yeah, I like that sharp, boxy look to them.

Too bad they don’t have orange! :wink:

I’m glad they don’t, since I’d have to spend more money, and sell the Maguras I just bought.

That would be stupid to use on a uni, they are designed and made to lock a wheel with the most force possible, not to brush the rim lightly like you do with a uni. Those brakes are not made for modulation, they are made for crazy lock and hold.

I’m afraid not. Brakes like that are built FOR modulation, not to lock a rim. Any old brake tuned correctly can lock a wheel, but it takes higher quality stuff to control modulation better and make it LESS of an ON/OFF brake. That is, after all, why I have hydraulic brakes on my downhill bike and motorcycle, and I can tell you from personal experience that those brakes modulate way easier and better than the other cable brakes I have.

I don’t know, but shouldn’t Evan know since he riders bike trials?

Those brakes are made for power, 90% of people that use that brake grind thair rim with an angle grinder for lock, not modulation.

+1
Trials bikers need the hard “lock” when they go to rear. A strong grabby brake is what they need, and modulation is only secondary. My brother rides bike trials and is always complaining that his break isn’t locky enough (though when I try it, it feels just like my muni).

Oh, sorry sorry sorry, I wrote all that without even looking at them. I just checked the page, and they are trials bike brakes, I thought they were just mountain bike brakes like juicys. Better to look first next time:o :frowning:

More so than Maguras? Do you have experience with them?

But that grip can be adjusted to an extent w/ different pads and rim surface. I bet these can be tuned for the best power to modulation ratio.