East Coast Muni Weekend

Hey guys,

I won’t be able to do a big full fledged Muni weekend like last year due to a busy schedule, but hopefully next year.

Meanwhile, who’s interested in getting together for a few big weekend rides this fall?

Joe

Dang!

!!!

Hey Joe,
I am up for a ride whenever you can fit one in. I completely understand the schedule issue and know how much work it takes to put something like this together. I hope someone else will step up and throw a East Coast Weekend. Maybe the Boston, Philly, or Virginia - DC guys can get something going. California is a long way to go but I am hopeful that I will get out there in October.
Keep Riding,
Brian Maw

I’m ready to ride!

Hello Joe,

Congratulations on conquering Mt Washington! Wow!

I am so glad to hear your suggesting another ride. (Ride’s’ even better!) I’d like to join in. This time I’m riding, not w*lking. I’ve worked hard to build my endurance and think I’m up to it.

I’ve been looking for good Muni trails north of you and haven’t found good stuff like you took us to at Kent Cliffs last year. The bike trails I’ve found are dull as a roadway, and the hiking trails are just too riddled with rocks, roots and ruts. The best stuff I’ve found are hilly parks, which I’ve been practicing on.

:sunglasses: :smiley: :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :smiley: :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :smiley: :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Always Looking!

Let me know when you want to ride. I ride from 0 degrees to 100 degrees. Always looking for company. Lets set a date and make it happen.

I have recently picked up a job. (at futureshop in the video camera dept. where I am surrounded by hi definition video cameras to which I am entitled the employee discount)

If the date you select falls on a weekend I have off, you can count on it.

Maybe I’ll even have one uf 'em hi def cameras with me this time :smiley:

Re: Always Looking!

Meeeee Tooooooo!

Joe Merrill -

Congrats on the huge accomplishment of climbing Mt. Washington!

I’d love to try to ride with youse guys!

Wasn’t there something in New Paltz last year?

I’m not sure if people would be willing travel this far south, but if so, I’d be happy to host a “full fledged” ECMW in Richmond. We have plenty of places to ride for experts and beginners. I can also house up to 40 or so people over the weekend.

If I had the place, I’d host it… failing that, I’ll go anywhere I can within about 10 hours drive :wink: I had a blast last year, and have been looking forward to it since last year :smiley:

If it’s towards Virginia, I’ll do my best to be there.

Both Frank (hell-on-wheel) and I live in Richmond… so its definetley a possiblity, if enough people are will to come here. SWAT, you have a more central location to NY/NJ and VA/DC so cosider hosting something, if can

Yea, I’ll have to talk that over with the guys and see what’s up.

Not in charge this time.

Ohhh right, I forgot about that skatepark thing.

i will go to virginia to see whats down there. ride what you guys ride. that will be cool. start setting up a tima and places. im serious.

Ok, I’ve decided to host a muni event here in Richmond some weekend in early Oct. I still don’t think people will be willing to drive from NY/NJ/ON to get here, so I don’t imagine it will be much more of a turnout than our previous two Belle Isle Muni Weekends.

I’ll be posting more details in the next few days. If there seems to be a larger-than-usual interest, all the better.

I’m in East Stroudsburg… I’ll help pay for gas if anyone wants to pick me up.

Dave

Richmond VA I assume? That was a good 4 hour flight I think when I was a kid… I think I’ll have to pass (especially if I go to North Bay) :frowning:

Id be interested, but probably only next weekend. After that i would only be free sundays. Either way shoot me an email because I dont know how often I am going to check the forums: jamon@vt.edu

-James