DX, Will it last?

yea, for me its worth it having the little wheel because i get to do the trialsy sections, but for some trials a big wheel is very helpful.

In some of my favorite riding spots(natural trials) i have to do a bit of muni riding to get there. Ussually its pretty easy going, i just hop over any obstacle my tire wont tackle.

ditto :angry:

the dx will hold up and the size you get is up to you

I’m 13. The 2" comment was not to be taken literally as 2". It was more in the general spirit of not as well because I’m not used to it and therefore don’t like it.

20" freestyle, 20" trials or stick w/ my 24" DX?

I just got my first uni, a 24" DX and have been practicing 7-10 hrs a week for two months now. Realizing my possible mistake in learning on too big of a wheel, I also got a 16" CX (for learning non-hopping tricks and lending to friends to learn), but the seatpost is too short. I have a previous injury which has left me with week hipflexors and glutes, making learning harder and falling scarier.

Now I can ride 100 ft. and dismount regularly. I am learning to turn and mounting unassisted is a long ways off.

It is frustrating it has taken me so long to get to the point of being able to ride to school. So should I just wait for the taller seatpost to come in the mail for my 16" and not get a 20". It seems to me by what you guys have said its not tramendously easier to ride than a 24".

I’m 5’10", and 155 lbs.

Sorry for rambling.:slight_smile:

I would really get the 20 inch.

To me, anything below 20 inches, not counting a 19inch trials wheel, is too much for novelty, or for little kids.

You already have the 24 inch muni, which wont take too much longer to get down, cause now you got riding almost down, so other thigns will start coming more quickly, but if you get a 2 inch, then youll have something better for street, trails, and freestyle. =p

dude
if you break the frame, who cares it has a lifetime warranty, and i’ve done so much on (and to) my 2005 torker DX - 20" (http://bicyclesource.us/itemdetails.cfm?catalogId=39&id=3675) its $200

Would you really want to replace the frame with one that will just brake again? Would you really want to wait for it to get shipped there, then shipped to you? And if your like me? I threw away all the papers that came with the DX, warranty papers, instructions on putting it together, everything.

I’m thinking eventually I’d like to get a KH trials, but I don’t have enough money right now. Should I get a entry level trials (and upgrade as I improve) or a 20" frestyle (and later get a KH trials)? Which brand/models do you recomend?

My max budget is around $200.

I would probably just get a basic one and upgrade along the way.

Like me, I have gotten the Torker DX, i am gonna replace the frame, then if I ever brake the hubs\cranks, im gonna get an older KH hub\crankset, or profiles, and still be saving money.

nah, dx wont last… but no unicycle really does, just that the dx didnt last me even 6 months. hell, i dont think it lasted 3

Did you break the hub\crankset too? I have never heard of one breaking, and mines in perfect condition, and ive done up to an 8 foot drop, and the hub and cranks are just fine.

nah, i think i was probably the first person to snap the frame tho. the frames are really poor. anyways yeah, the crankset is still holding up fine.
really poor, and heavy too.
seriously i hope torker does something about these frames!

It seems the cheapest uni I can get is a Nimbus 36 spoke trials, the 48 spoke one would be a bit of a stretch, and the Unistar uni looks like it would be hard to do feet on frame tricks.

Any of these I’d have to get them with a KH air saddle. After an hour of constant riding I have to stop with a raw crotch.

:o

with the new KH fusion ive done 5 hour rides…

me too. i think i broke mine right after you did. but it doesnt take much to break it!

If Torker knew how to weld they would hold up fine, cause they have two peices of metal, and they are suppose to penetrae eachother and just become one solid frame, but how they did it, its only one peice being welded ontop of the other, so it cracks easy and will ply right off, if they did it right, it would never brake.

duh… if anyone did everything right nothing would go wrong :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

jerrick. didnt your frame break too?

Funny you say that, cause I just broke it yesterday lol, You would of thought it would of broke when I was doing 8sets, but there was two pallets I was messing on, and I missed the wooden plank on it, and went between the wood, and cause I was hopping sideways, the force went all into the frame when I got stuck and it cracked half off, then with a gentle tug the rest of the came off, surprisingly I was laughing at the whole thing.

I’m gonna order a Nimbus II black frame either today or tomorrow.