durham calling

i’m leaving for the durham convention tomorow, it doesen’t start till saturday but we are touring our way down via newcastle by train, where we’re going to blag a lift to durham.

i hear that they’ll be some offroad at some point, and i fully intend to do some urban trials,
so i advise you all to cancel your apointments for the weekend and get to durham so that i might know what some more of you look like when were debating what the best unicycle handle is.

it may bee a long way for some of you in far flug places, but thats what they invented credit cards for.

hope to see some of you there!

Other than “it’s in Durham”, I’ve not heard any details… where? When? How much? Etcetera… is there a web page about it? I’ve emailled the address given but haven’t heard anything back…

Ta muchly

Phil, just me

This is all I could find http://www.jugglingdb.com/events/index.php?id=143

I’ll not be there, but I’m sure you won’t let that spoil your enjoyment :stuck_out_tongue:

Have fun!

Graeme

Re: durham calling

What would you like to know Phil? this is my local convention so there will
be loads of unicycling going on!

We have a separate hall for workshops and unicycling generally, we have a
Muni ride, lots of play area for trials, we have a hockey tournament, It
starts at 10.00am and finishes at 2.00am. Cost is £6 I think… We do have
a sleeping hall as well that will cost you £2.5 extra.

Does that help?

Roger


The UK’s Unicycle Source


----- Original Message -----
From: “phil” <phil.cnu70@timelimit.unicyclist.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.unicycling
To: <rsu@unicycling.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: durham calling

>
> Other than “it’s in Durham”, I’ve not heard any details… where? When?
> How much? Etcetera… is there a web page about it? I’ve emailled the
> address given but haven’t heard anything back…
>
> Ta muchly
>
> Phil, just me
>
>
> –
> phil - Getting the hang of it…
>
> “Cattle Prods solve most of life’s little problems.”
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> phil’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/21069
>
>


> rec.sport.unicycling mailing list -
www.unicycling.org/mailman/listinfo/rsu
>
>

Re: Re: durham calling

Oo, ta, that’s helpful. Where exactly is it? Or do I just trail round Durham towards where the cries of “you’ve lost LOADS of wheels!” are loudest?

Muni and trials? Cor… which unicycle? Decisions, decisions!

/me goes to see whether my sleeping bag is still fit for human habitation…

Phil, just me

Re: durham calling

You will find us, just follow the pink signs. Or ask any student where
Dunelm is because we are in the student union.

Cheers

Roger


The UK’s Unicycle Source


----- Original Message -----
From: “phil” <phil.cnz20@timelimit.unicyclist.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.unicycling
To: <rsu@unicycling.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: durham calling

>
> Roger Davies wrote:
> > *We have a separate hall for workshops and unicycling generally, we
> > have a Muni ride, lots of play area for trials, we have a hockey
> > tournament, It starts at 10.00am and finishes at 2.00am. Cost is £6 I
> > think… We do have a sleeping hall as well that will cost you £2.5
> > extra.
> > *
>
>
> Oo, ta, that’s helpful. Where exactly is it? Or do I just trail round
> Durham towards where the cries of “you’ve lost LOADS of wheels!” are
> loudest?
>
> Muni and trials? Cor… which unicycle? Decisions, decisions!
>
> /me goes to see whether my sleeping bag is still fit for human
> habitation…
>
> Phil, just me
>
>
> –
> phil - Getting the hang of it…
>
> “Cattle Prods solve most of life’s little problems.”
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> phil’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/21069
>
>


> rec.sport.unicycling mailing list -
www.unicycling.org/mailman/listinfo/rsu
>
>

Ah, found it, ta. 27 on this map, I presume…

Phil, just me

Duh, I forgot it was Durham this weekend.
work are sending me to Newcastle next week, but I don’t go till Sunday. Mind you I have other commitments on saturday anyway. But, is there a juggling club in Whitley Bay? or Newcastle, that is friendly to a random unicyclist. I’ll try and get down to Durham on Tuesday, but might not finish work in time.

What night is Stockton Unicycle club?
Sarah

Re: durham calling

Pity you could not get things sorted, you know Durham is always good.

Whitley Bay has Joe and John Baxter who are manic, Joe is a good trails
rider but rides almost every day on the front there and I am sure would love
company.

Clubs…
Durham, Tuesday
Stockton, Wednesday
Stockton Hockey, Thursday
Newcastle, Thursday

If anyone wants information on where you local club is in the UK there are 2
places to look. Either:
UUU web site:
http://www.unicycle.org.uk/Clubs.html
The Juggling DB:
http://www.jugglingdb.com/clubs/index.php?country=222

look forward to seeing you up North again Sarah.

Roger


The UK’s Unicycle Source


----- Original Message -----
From: “sarah.miller” <sarah.miller.coht0@timelimit.unicyclist.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.unicycling
To: <rsu@unicycling.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: durham calling

>
> Duh, I forgot it was Durham this weekend.
> work are sending me to Newcastle next week, but I don’t go till Sunday.
> Mind you I have other commitments on saturday anyway. But, is there a
> juggling club in Whitley Bay? or Newcastle, that is friendly to a random
> unicyclist. I’ll try and get down to Durham on Tuesday, but might not
> finish work in time.
>
> What night is Stockton Unicycle club?
> Sarah
>
>
> –
> sarah.miller
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> sarah.miller’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/21069
>
>


> rec.sport.unicycling mailing list -
www.unicycling.org/mailman/listinfo/rsu
>
>

Re: durham calling

“sarah.miller” <sarah.miller.coht0@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in
message news:sarah.miller.coht0@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> Whitley Bay?

Miles and miles of golden sand,
Whitley Bay Northumberland.