don't you just love it?

ther’s this park thing where i live + it has a ‘No cycling sign wiht a picture of a bike crossed out’ i love riding past the sign on my uni and laughing at it!
well it says no CYCLING! not UNIcycling! ha :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm, we have had several in depth arguments about the legality of rinding unis in a no cycling zone. The conclusion was that no one really knows! If I can see a good reason for a no cycle zone, i jump off the uni and push it. If it seems fairly pointless and there are not too many pedestrians about, I’ll ride through and laugh :smiley:

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23563&highlight=law+thou

The last time I was riding through a no cycling area when someone complained I heard someone else say to them “Oh, don’t be such a spoilsport!”

I enjoyed that. This was a place that wasn’t particularly busy… if you’re not a nuisance I think people are too busy being impressed to remember to complain.

Phil

I was quite dissapointed a while ago. Riding back from uni, I get to the nice shortcut through the life & environmental science (whey they actually are educated at the school of life) which has a sigh saying ‘the passage of bicycles through this foyer is prohibited’ Get that: BIcycles. How could I not carry a uni through? They should have known better. I was very dissapointed when no-one complained, I was all ready to point out that it wasn’t a bicycle. Maybe they didn’t notice. I’ll try again sometime.

John

Does Treepotato think unicycling is not a form of cycling, then?

Bi-cycling
Uni-cycling
Re-cycling

It sounds to me like a clear “NO” to all of those. :smiley:

Tri-cycling might also be included John. I agree with Foolish about considering the reasons for it being a No Cycling zone. I can understand a Downtown mall saying No-Cycling and then having security guards enforce it. This is because if skaters see a unicycle being allowed to ride in the mall they might argue, hes riding so we should be allowed to too. But in the Park, which is a no cycling zone it would be a pity if I couldn’t ride there. I feel that the reason for not allowing Bicycles is to prevent people screaming around the tracks causing potential hazards to people out walking their dog or going for a run. Also the high speeds involved in bicycles often result in skids which increase erosion in parts of the tracks. I have never had a problem with running into people and I am yet to be told not to ride there, even though I have encountered park staff many times. On the unicycle you are usually going at a relatively controllable speed similar to running. Most people have no problem with that. I found this picture on the net somewhere. Someone might recognise their unicycle in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

nobikes.jpg

i think you people are missing the point.

do you think that people would actually make signs that say “no unicycles”? People on bikes would just have a feild day with that.

Whatever reason the sign is up sould be taken into consideration. If some sign states “restoration area, do not stand” Would you stay and hop up and down only to tell passers by that you are not standing at all. Oh you showed them. you destroyed veunerable plant life for a jeuvenalian joke.

there is a fine line between being in the right and being a smartass.

the point i’m trying to make is don’t be a jerk just to show how clever you are. which apparently isn’t that origional a comment anyway.

I think XWonka is missing the point.

What Voltaire (well-known for his wit) said about a witty saying proving nothing should negate anyone from using it as a meaningful quote.

People who put up signs saying “Do not Stand” are just as open to ridicule as people who put up “No Unicycling” signs.

If I were to come across one of those “Do not Stand” signs, I would just sit, merely idling, on my uni.

Which brings us to those damned “No Idling” signs…

Re: don’t you just love it?

On Mon, 19 May 2003 22:47:12 -0500, Rowan
<Rowan.npkxz@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>Someone
>might recognise their unicycle in it. :stuck_out_tongue:
Brett, Roger and Jonathan. Google has no problem in finding such
things!

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

There are approximately 450 million chickens in the United States.