dont bust your nuts,,,,bust your lolly pops!

>

Looks like those lollipops are licked.

, and tear your T-shirts!

Ahhh. A return to multiple commas. I’ve missed those. Thanks. Congratulations on the lollipop burial.

yeah,instead of going though the hassle of taking off the cranks,pulling the bearings out of the stupid lollys to get at the wheel i just hacksawed a line in them,then put a wedge in the slot and hammered it.

they split really easy,it made the job alot faster.

notice the 22.2 post in the 25.4 Stealth Torker? its one of the shims sold at uni.com,works good but i wish they were a little longer (little shy of 2inches)

i didnt rip my shirt,i got a bonus “patch” from checkerNutz

are you suggesting that all the bearings that go in Lolly-pop frames are the same as ‘standard’ bearings?

Having never looked at one’s innards, I never gave it any thought.

Is it just the lollypop holder that’s different?

yes,the lollypops hold standard 40mm bearings. definatly worth getting out and useing as long as they are still relitively smooth rolling of course.

the wheel you see in the photo is the same wheel & bearings that the lolly’s came off of.

Oh, I never made the connection from the pic :frowning:

I thought it was more of an artsy picture, as it turned out really well.

the picture was kind of an artsy fartsy thing i guess,but it was really just the last photo on the roll and i jammed as much stuff in it as i could i guess…

Love the quote jag.

Good work on the bearing holders there too. But I would have prefered to see them go with some battle damage.

Chex

yeah but the bolts that mount them to the frame strip out under hard use,or the frame itself cracks first around those bolts.i dont think you could ever bust them while on a uni,the method of attachment is just to weak…

this is great fun.what the fora allways needed was big long thread about lolly’s

my question is what in the heck do i do with the fork they came off of? So i gave it to my kid to use as a lawn dart.

when people talk about lolypop bearing holders its traditional for somebody to say that pashley lolypops dont suffer from the same problems.

nobodys mentioned it yet so i though i would.

Ahhhh, lawn darts! Back when toys were fun.

evilewan

when people talk about lolypop bearing holders its traditional for somebody to say that pashley lolypops dont suffer from the same problems.

nobodys mentioned it yet so i though i would.

Although people also say it can be a big pain taking the wheel out of the frame for changing inner tube etc.

Although, if you ride your pashley lots and lots and lots (most days) for three years they can go wobbly at the lollipops, even on the new style pashley frames which are supposedly less likely to die on you. I’d not recommend anyone buy a pashley anymore personally, the extra £40 for the Nimbus Muni is totally worth it, especially when you consider a pashley will soon get the tyre & seat upgraded for probably more than £40.

It is indeed a big pain changing tubes, you need to be pretty confident of your tube patching ability, using a spare tube on a ride is not an option, unless you also carry a couple of spanners and don’t mind spending half an hour changing it.

Joe

I would go so far as to prefer that the Pashley’s bearing holders were called something other than lollipops. Taiwan/China lollipops=bad. Pashley lollipops=fine.

Not perfect, however. Based on the older frame Brett Bymaster used to ride (lots and lots), the tubing into which the lolly is inserted is tapered. This means it wasn’t a solid fit. this may have been rectified in later versions.

At the very beginning, Brett had Tom Miller make him some spacers to interface between the round frame tubing and the flat bolts and washers. All lollipop unicycles should have these, but nobody seems to want to spend the money. They would be a huge improvement on the Taiwanese lollipop unicycles, making them almost decent. Better yet, those unicycles should use seatpost-style clamps to hold the lollipops on. Expensive, but makes for a very solid frame.

I would go so far as to prefer that the Pashley’s bearing holders were called something other than lollipops. Taiwan/China lollipops=bad. Pashley lollipops=fine.

Not perfect, however. Based on the older frame Brett Bymaster used to ride (lots and lots), the tubing into which the lolly is inserted is tapered. This means it wasn’t a solid fit. this may have been rectified in later versions.

At the very beginning, Brett had Tom Miller make him some spacers to interface between the round frame tubing and the flat bolts and washers. All lollipop unicycles should have these, but nobody seems to want to spend the money. They would be a huge improvement on the Taiwanese lollipop unicycles, making them almost decent. Better yet, those unicycles should use seatpost-style clamps to hold the lollipops on. Expensive, but makes for a very solid frame.

I can confirm that…at least for the first time. I tried to remove the wheel on my son’s Pashley yesterday to put on a better tire, and due to some very inept drilling of the holes by the factory, found the whole think kind of fused together. Took a half hour of some serious hammering via a rubber mallet and 2X4 to get the thing separated. Greased it real good before reassembling, so hopefully next time won’t be quite so tough.

On the positive side, they are stronger than the “Savage” execution of the lollipop concept, which leads to cracked frame tubes in short order.

yep i found that pashley bearing holders just dont want to come off.

apparently roger now fits all his lolipop unis with the exact washers your talking about now. which is a clever move if you ask me.

I thought that Miyata also made a lollipop type bearing holder that was fairly strong. It bolts to a flattened fork instead of being inserted into a round fork tube?