Dominant foot

hi everyone, just a quick question regarding dominant feet.
Does it matter if i am constantly using just my right foot forward and left foot back to preform all the moves i do? or should i try to break this habit and use both combinations?

It really depends… If you are looking to get into street, eventually you will probably want to learn to do blind tricks. In the early stages of riding, you really dont need it.

For trials it can be useful as well, but again, not something you have to learn now.

Remember you can always learn stuff like that later though.

Trials and street are the two things I am trying to get into :wink:

If you are still learning, it may be easier for you to learn both ways at the same time (from seeing your video I notice you can already do this?). I only say this because if you get too good at hopping with one of your feet forwards, it may be/is hard to do it the other way.

Just a thought, it’s probably something I would try if I could learn all over again, because it is useful for trials (and street), as beeper said.

[QUOTE=beeper]
It really depends… If you are looking to get into street, eventually you will probably want to learn to do blind tricks. In the early stages of riding, you really dont need it.
QUOTE]
its called switch… not blind. sorry but i just had to correct you:p

“its called switch… not blind. sorry but i just had to correct you:p”

Is it?

Then what’s blind?

Blind means "unnatural, or uncomfortable direction (from what YOU are used to)
It could be:
A hoptwist in your uncomfortable direction, or a unispin in the opposite direction you naturally spin.

Isn’t switch = riding backwards??

No. Switch is doing a hop or trick with your feet in the opposite direction.

If you normally rolling hop or crankflip or whatever with your right foot in front, then doing it with your left foot in front would be switch.

Riding backwards is called “fakie” or just “backwards”.