Doing tricks "to" other tricks.

I always hear shaun and other people talking about doing tricks to other tricks (on manny pads and stuff).

There’s never really been a propper definition. Here’s how I think it should go, I don’t think it conflicts with what other people have said.

Doing a trick ‘to’ another trick is doing it with no more than one revolution in between and with no hops.

eg. flip to coast. trey to double.

What I do alot of is doing tricks into things.

This means doing a trick directly into certain stances such as stand-up ww, sideways ww, one footed backwards, ect.

So if you did a 450unispin into sideways wheelwalk, your feet can not touch the pedals between taking you feet off the pedals and sideways wheel walking.

Does this sound right to evryone?

That sounds right. I have played around with stuff like that before too, I have done a 360 to double and a flip to backflip to double. They feel pretty cool and have a lot more flow.

so like a big chain…
with only one pedal revolution allowed between tricks?

Normally, a lot of people disaggree with classifing things down to such a level as these. Luke, you always have had my respect and ur definition seems to be clean and sufficient.

So:
to: one trick, then another with no hops and one pedal stroke.
into: one trick, then another where the second trick ends with the first, second trick must start for instance, in the same stance as the first ended.
out of: the opposite of ‘into’ :wink: eg. 270 Unispin out of Sideways stand on seat coasting.
and
and then: one trick, and then another. Like ‘to’, but with more than one pedal rotations, and/or a hop or so :wink:

To me it’s more about the area you are riding. A trey flip to double flip could have more than one rotation to it if you’re on a manny pad. I think the only thing “to” to do is any trick to a riding style under a rotation. Trey to coast, 180flip to backwards coast. So much as a line of flips under a rotation a piece doesn’t seem like you are doing a trick to another, just a nice tight line. (There shouldn’t be hops in street, so i’m not going to say hopless, it’s understood). Manny pad ex. Trey flip up, Double off, if someone wants to know the “tightness” of the pad, 1, or 2, depending on rotations. My favorite manny pad lengths are 4.5-5. Allow three tricks all within two rotations of each other. People could do flips “into” coasting, but I couldn’t imagine it being good for your seat or frame with all the weight basically going to your seat first, that’s why I touch the pedals for an instance and go to coast. Safer for the frame and seat.

-Shaun Johanneson

Well sometimes when i’m in a park or something like that, i do…

• SIB
    to
  • Grinding a handrail while sitting on the unicycle seat.
    to
  • SIF
    :smiley:

One revolution in between sounds right to me.

Not that you would 450 unispin and then go back to the pedals and then back into sideways WW…?

yea i like that, I have been trying to do tricks to other tricks today, My best ones are rolling 360 unispin, to a crankflip x2, then a backflip.
Then 90 unispin, to side ways wheel walk, then back on the pedals, to a crankflip.:smiley:
Worked forever just to do those once :smiley:

I’ve tried just to roll into a donkey kick, havnt gotten it yet, but i know i can do it, ill work on that later today

[quote=“unifreak7”]

To me it’s more about the area you are riding. A trey flip to double flip could have more than one rotation to it if you’re on a manny pad. I think the only thing “to” to do is any trick to a riding style under a rotation. Trey to coast, 180flip to backwards coast. So much as a line of flips under a rotation a piece doesn’t seem like you are doing a trick to another, just a nice tight line. (There shouldn’t be hops in street, so i’m not going to say hopless, it’s understood). Manny pad ex. Trey flip up, Double off, if someone wants to know the “tightness” of the pad, 1, or 2, depending on rotations. My favorite manny pad lengths are 4.5-5. Allow three tricks all within two rotations of each other.

[QUOTE=unifreak7]

Yeah, I dont really get manny pads. Isn’t the whole idea to like, do manuals on them. I dont think they’re that good for unicyclist, unless you go into things like stand-up glide. Just my opinion.

If you broke a seat you’d just get a new one. I don’t really think you could do a trick into coasting. Prove me wrong…

And I wasn’t really thinking long ‘chains’ ,but it works. It also dosen’t need to be a whole revolution, it could be like 180pivot to fakieflip off a ledge without pedaling or something like that.

What about if you land back onto the pedals but don’t do a revolution or a hop, say you did a whatchamacallit and land back on the pedals then do a 360, would that be into or to?

by the sounds of it it would be out of…

i understand shaun’s view on things, like you flip up onto a manny pad do a 180 unispin in the middle and tre or whatever off, like even if it is 2 revs in betwene it is still a flip to a 180 spin to a tre in my books.

i reckon all the definitions are pretty god but if it were me i would extend the amount of revs in ‘to’ up to 2 revs as 2 revs is still pretty close but not ridiculous close.

wtf is a manny pad?

Yeah, what is a manny pad? How did that name even get started?

Sounds funny to me. Probably make me laugh if anyone said it to me in person while being serious. =p

Manny pad is short for manuel pad which is a term used by skateboarders. A manuel is balancing on the back two wheels and a nose manuel is balancing only on the front two wheels. A manuel pad is usually anywhere from 3" to 2 feet high and then about 5 feet to 20+ feet in length. Skaters will trick/ollie onto it, manuel across the box and then trick/ollie out.

The obstacle in this video could be called a manuel pad.

I usually call them manuel pads or boxes like in: “dude i just nollie shov-it manueled that box”