Does having only one knee shaved effect your balance?

Do think I will need to shave the other leg so I don’t end up riding in circles? Anyone have any experiance unicycling with only one hairy leg?

JM

1 Like

It really depends on how fast you are going.

Riding with the wind or against?

I suggest you put a counterweight in your shoe.

If you need a decent counterweight just eat a big meal before you go to bed and lie on your side that’s opposite of the shaved knee. The trick here is to do your ride early in the morning.

To remain more centered you might consider some manshaving.

Joe-

This already sounds very disturbing.

If the thought of it even enters your head it effects your balance. Everything effects your balance. I’ve had a bird sitting up on a power line watching me, that certainly effected my balance.

The question is does it make it worse or better?

strangly i do know the feeling of riding with on shaved leg ( ask my girlfriend )
it got strangly sweaty under my armour and i got a kinda cold shin :stuck_out_tongue:

2 x with that comment coming from you. :slight_smile:

But now I’m curious. Just how much knee hair do/did you have??

… enough to keep warm.

JM

1 Like

A Lycra leg warmer over the hairy leg might help to balance the aerodynamics.

Eww.

Anyway, if you ride with the unshaved knee on the high side of the road crown, I figure that ought to balance things out. :slight_smile:

If you shaved the opposite side of your head (mustache, eyebrows, hair), I think it would probably counterbalance out the shaved leg. Of course, it might induce torque at high speeds.

Give it a try and let us know how it turns out.

A video would be great!

Scott

A quick fix:

Rub grease on both knees, this will effectively elimiate any difference in drag, keep your knees warm, and no one will know you shaved your knee :smiley:

Make it some nice black axle grease, yeah.

Will it “effect” your balance? Unlikely, unless you already have a slight imbalance in the opposite direction.

Will it “affect” your balance? Probably, but only to a very small degree indeed.

Pedantically,

Mikefule

I was wondering how long it would take for a human spell checker to pop up… :roll_eyes: