Documentary Film on Unicycling

The current version is 21 minutes long. I have additional material I did not include due to time constraints but if I can fit it into the story, I’ll add it. If not, it will go on the DVD’s “deleted scenes” section. I don’t want it to be too long–shorter films win more at the festivals and I don’t want to drag out my story. My doc film teacher suggests that the history part is more fitting for a feature-length and I should abridge it for the sake of a “short film”. A short film is usually under 20 minutes, but 10 minutes is “best”. I’m going to put it through a few festivals before I think about how to change the story for the better. Then comes Sundance.

This film is supposedly playing at the 1st annual New York Unicycle Festival this year (http://nycunifest.com/info.html)…I plan on going.

The release date of the final FINAL commercial version? I’m not sure. But I’m going to send all the cast and crew the current version asap. Sorry to keep you waiting, Terry! I do anticipate the final release in early 2012.

That tralier looks realy good :smiley:

2012?? wow that’s a long time lol! But good things are worth waiting for! The “current version” should be out this year, right? Oh, and your link above didn’t work; this one does though: http://nycunifest.com/info.html :slight_smile:

I’m just guessing…because I’ll be done with film festivals for 2011 and pre-releasing your film on video hosting sites can disqualify you from some festivals. What I meant to say is that it will be released on the WEB (youtube, vimeo, etc.) by that time. But after I show it to a few festivals and get more feedback, I’ll fine-tune it one last time before rendering the “final version”, which will then be put on DVD for mass distribution. I can’t sell the film, though.

Terry, I will send you a DVD of the current version to you THIS MONTH…and though I’m only giving these to those who helped make this film, I would like to give one to John Foss and anyone else with high authority in the uni community so I can get feedback from the pros and make it better. Sorry everyone else has to wait.

Here it is
Portland Chiropractor, “Unicycle Doc”

Let me know if there’s anything else you want me to say about it on my site.

That is so awesome! Thanks Joe. Check your PM. :smiley:

You know something, I just realized that the film actually insinuates that he was “presumed to have been the first”, not “probably the first”…arghh!! So there still is an assumption there, based on Wiley, but my paraphrasing seemed to have given Hendee a more convincing role as ‘first rider’. This got changed somewhere in the script editing somehow. I guess I got to re-do this, huh?

In unison doc film online!!

Check out my film “IN UNISON”, only available via IMDb:

http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi1140066585/

DVD Release expected around February with bonus features, deleted scenes, commentary, etc.

Please share your thoughts, comments, questions, even suggestions on what you might have done differently!