do you us the lift handle to jump or just pull up on the seat?

i just finnally got all the basics on my uni and can ride good w/o falling and i think im gonna get into trials/street and am probably gonna get a kris holm 20 if AE re-stocks. and so do you pull up on the lift handle infront or pull on the seat casue i’d think the lift handle would snap after a while… also, does bringing the seat out from under u help at all? since my seat post is at a height where the seat snags on my parts should i bring the seat post down about half an inch? thx, Jon

usually it goes that guys who ride street use the handle and guys that do trials pull up on the seat…
i use the handle and i do alot of trials and street…eventually the handle will brake especially if ur doing alot of street…
A few trials riders riders ride with their seat up super high but i dont think it hits their parts…
if you watch Cody or Ryan Atkins or Zack Baldwin trials you can see that they run their seat high…

Hey man,

It’s true, street is mostly seat in, trials is mostly seat out. However, Joe Hodges does a lot of seat in trials, although he has switched over a little bit to seat out I think. Another exception is that a lot of street tricks can start seat out. Hickflips, Treyflips, etc. Usually tricks with a unispin invoved. It just depends on what you are doing, and which is most comfortable.

I disagree with Uniman where he said that the handle will break though. Very few people will break a handle… but a lot of street and trials riders will break seat bases and seat posts.

Kevin McMullin

i saw my friend break 2 handles in a row but they were torker lx handles …and they were thin plastic so i guess it depends apon the handle and what you are doing…

lol
LX handles don’t even count as handles … more like BREAKABLE CHINA
JK

(talking about VELO/KH handles)
but seriously, i do trials mostly seat in. I have put a small crack in a handle, but i haven’t heard of anyone else doing it. I do TONS of rolling hops for distance and large drops. i think that does a good number on the handle. i put stress marks in the plastic long before it cracked, and I haven’t even come close to doing anything of the sort to my newer 2 handles. The only reason mine cracked and others don’t is that I have a custom seat stiffener. the stiffener will wear through LONG before you have a chance at breaking a handle. I do seat bounces too, how does that NOT break a handle? I don’t know… but it doesn’t
I bet I could shatter a brand new LX handle in one bounce.

duct tape helps if the handle isnt cracked too bad…

sorry dude, hate to break it to ya, duct tape will not help anything if its cracked. welding the plastic MAY help for a while, but a few layers of duct tape could help it last a LITTLE BIT longer.

duct tape wll hold it together until you can buy a new handle usually…

like i said it all depends on how bad the handle is cracked…if its a bad crack then the tape wont help much but if its not that bad then the tape will help… its like ducttape said…duct tape wll hold it together until you can buy a new handle usually…

I have a tiny crack in my handle, but that’s just because I tightened the bolts too tight.

thanks guys. hey btw, do you guys know when aebikes.com restocks on 20inch kh’s?

ask them

i did… but then my Yahoo! email account got banned or hacked… :frowning: