Do you guys ACTUALLY get mad??

in the event of “wheres your other wheel” i say “why would i want one, this is hella more fun” don’t be mean to them there just trying to be funny so give them a fake smile and all that good stuff people like him i hate there always so up tight and snobby and you are correct people like him give us unicyclist look mean.

the three funnest things that ever happened to me was a buncha dudes yelled “GET SOME HANDLE BARS” (i damn near fell off I was laughing so hard) they were being funny too, not like bungholes or anything.
then this other older guy was like “whats wrong? you couldn’t afford the other wheel?” and I was like “OOOOO now THATS original… ive never heard THAT one before!!!” I was really sarcastic and said it like an ass hole… and that made the guy look super upset… so i told him i was just kidding and talked to him a little bit. I figure ill just treat every one like its my 1st time out cause its not their fault every one else says it too.

Also one time I was going through the ghetto, and there were these serial killer, bulldog pulling lookin dudes, and i was like “oshitoshit… id better get outa here!” and they freaking loved it!! this one guy looked at me like he was in pain and said " O SHIT YOU WEARING A CUP RIGHT???"
and i was like “naw dude, you gotta TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!” as if i indeed was in an uncomfortable position, and these tough-A-lookin-dudes were all like “woah shit hes got no balls”. those guys were hilarious!

At this point it belongs in the quote of the day thread.

Brag: I ripped up a cyclist

I’m always friendly to the “other wheel” crowd … but it can cut both ways.

This weekend I was riding my 29er briskly along a San Francisco sidewalk: a couple were bicycling along at about my speed in the roadway next to me. They weren’t going fast for bicyclists, riding two abreast, and were talking.

He complained about a problem with his chain … and as I overtook them I
told him that if he were on a unicycle he wouldn’t have that problem (God, I kill me sometimes). To which the friendly retort was “Yeah, my loss”.

chalk one up to the no-chainers.

Not mad, but sometimes I get tired of people paying attention to my riding likes it’s a circus trick.

I have much better input from mountain bikers, esp folks who have seen me on the trails. They usually stop to watch and they almost always move over if we meet on a trail. I try to do demos and offer to teach people whenever I finish riding, it helps break the ice.

The only time I get mad is when I screw up, at which point it takes everything I can to keep from throwing the uni or kicking the dog :o

I get really mad. End up throwing the unicycle at the guys and getting in fights.

yeah that movie didn’t come off too well. I hardly get wheres your other wheel comments but I get a lot of “is it hard?” which I usually say “Not when you get used to it.”.

I usually don’t mind stupid jokes, unless I am in a bad mood or am frustrated. It also depends on the way they say it. If it is an old person just trying to be nice, I don’t mind. But I hate it when little kids are with their parents, and they say something about me joining the circus. I typically just ignore them completely at that point.

Sometimes it is really hard to not come back with some kind of insulting response.

“These shorts don’t hide anything, do they?”

Jamey just said “We get sick of it”. We do. If you’ve only been riding a couple of years you haven’t had time to get as sick of it as someone who’s been riding since the 80s or earlier. :slight_smile: How you respond to the age-old question, though, is often dependent on mood. Usualy I say something like “On my other unicycle” or “He’s riding it” but sometimes I’m less courteous…

Tak, your comeback above is a great one. I’ll have to remember that for when I’m wearing regular bike shorts! Only to be used when the audience is appropriate, of course!

I’ve had a far greater number of positive experiences than negative ones, on a unicycle.

On my MTB, I’ve been run off the road - intentionally a couple of times - a number of times in the last few decades.

This summer, uni riding on a groomed trail on a super fine day, a group of folks that I’d seen riding bicycles on numerous prior occasions, were parked along side the trail with the bicycles of various kinds. As I approached, the lined up on either side in a sort of gauntlet. I had no idea what to expect, but as I rode through, they did the wave on either side. :slight_smile: