Do u guys pull the seat up when u jump?

i can jump reasonably high, pulling up the seat, from a neutral position, but this is taking a bit of a toll on the handle, plus i broke a seat post a few months back; i just wrenched the seat off the post, is this right, or how else can u jump high?

if you want to jump high. try SIF (seat in front) you can jump heaps higher and you don’t have to grab onto the handle so there is also less stress.

try sif if your not doing it now

For very high stuff you almost have to yank the handle, it keeps your feet attached to the pedals. If your worried about snapping seatposts either go for a CrMo post, or as others have said try SIF. Its harder to learn but gets you further in the long run.

Loose.

Sif is the same as seat out right?

SiF= seat in front

Mosts basic handles and seatbases are an easy brake when you put lots of force on them.

My friend Phil, went to rolling hop up a 4-set, and just tore the seat right off, it waws a KH saddle with a fusion cover.

You may want to consider in a better seatpost, and seat bases\handles. Theres the Thompson seat post, that I have never heard of breaking, and is very light, but can be expensive, on-line, you can get lucky and find them for a decent price, from $20 - $50. There is aslo another seat post, that is very strong, but very heavy, I forgot the name of it, I think its a Primo seat post, that cost about 15 dollars.

Seatbases, you can upgrade your seatbase to a Carbon Fiber set-up, with a CF handle, but that runs up to a very high price, but its top-of-the-line. You can also just upgrade your seat stifner plate, or even make your own.

Or, like has ben said a lot already, start going SIF, it lets you tuck way more, just take some practice to get used to. Just raise your seat up a little more and start going for it.

make sure your legs are in a crouched position then pull up on the handle. It takes practise to get get the timing right

When done correctly, your feet are rising at exactly the same rate as the unicycle, leaving your handle to bear only the weight and momentum of the unicycle itself. Concentrate on making the unicycle “weightless” every time you hop. If you feel pressure on the pedals or the handle, it’s an indication that your timing needs work.

This isn’t something that’s easy to nail down, but it’s part of what sets the jaw-dropping hops apart from the clumsy stiff looking ones.

do as I say, not as I do,
John M