distances

Hey everyone,im new here,

just need some advice,

well ive been riding casualy for a year now exactly,and im doing a 12 mile bikathon on my unicycle depending on how it goes could be 25 miles,

i currently have a 20" unicycle and was wondering should i consider a bigger wheel for example 24"because of the distance,

it is in september so could anyone also suggest how i could train,

cheers,

aj

Let me be the 1st to welcome you to the forums. Also this maybe better put in Rec.Sport.Unicycling :smiley:

• Big wheels like the coker or 29er are faster, when and if you decide you want to ride them.
  • I find that small wheels are easier to maneuver and to mount on.
  • Most people learn on a 20" wheel as this is the BMX of the unicycling world.

Hoped this helped somehow my friend. Take care, have and welcome to unicyclist.com

Your new friend
Hazmat

thanks

thanks thats helped a bit,

ill also bare it in mind when i post in the future =]

thank you

aj

Any other (unicycle related) questions you want answered my friend?? :smiley:

Terrain?

The lay of the land my have some infulence on your ride. I’ve allways thought riding a uni was like coasting. People think your really out there working instead of walking or riding a bike but, lets face it it’s eisier than either. Unless… your going up or down hill. So if your walk athon has hills you might be better off with a smaller wheel although crank length will also have a bearing on it. With cranks the same length the smaller wheel should be eisier for going up hills than a big wheel but theres no such thing as a free lunch so you’ll do more revolutions and maybe take longer to get up the hills. Coming down hills (steep ones) I’d go with a small wheel or you may find yourself at the bottom faster than you wanted. Although brakes will help there. If your in Kansas…enjoy the ride.