Difference between Air Pillow and Rocks air bag?

I think that this is the time to bust out the time honored flash video…

this is not an attempt to take any side, but to instill a kind of reality to this forum.

On the subject of taking sides: I do agree with obie that totaluni’s post was worthless, and it was made worse by the fact that he knows it was. On the other hand, obies response was “over the top”.

On the subject of censoring: A censor might work. However, there are ways to beat them with a bit of coding, so it’s a bit of a moot point.

What does PC mean?

David

politically correct, i believe

-grant

Im 14.

:thinking:
(need a shrugshoulders smilie)

That is,unless his granmother does to.
Ive seen old grandmothers in wal-mart and places swearing at there kids.(needs another srugsshoulders smilie)

(sorry for the double post…)

I think swearing is useless over the internet and that sarcasm is much more effective. obie could have come up with a super witty remark and it would have been funnier/better then his other post. I think obie should have checked himself and maybe used a witty remark. now I know Obie and obies the kinda guy to tell it like it is, Be it with swearing or not. so he probably doesn’t care about what I just said but eh, it was worth a shot.

c’mon albertkarel SWAT needs all the fans we can get :smiley: don’t let one members actions change how you/your 11-year old feels about SWAT just be like "oh don’t pay attetion to obie read what JVTFM is saying "

-Jim-

What a great little clip! Everybody should watch that one before posting. Total uni should watch it about ten times. The idea of putting a stickie at the top of the forum with the communitie’s rules/guidelines would be a great one.

I think the intent is to not censor here. This is a free forum. Only that way do we learn the true meaning of freedom. The difference between freedom and anarchy. The basic idea being that freedom (and/or community) is intended for everybody, while anarchy only really works well for one person at a time.

So in our free forum, you know you have the power to post absolutely whatever you want. Just like giant signatures, the fact that you can is the start. The next step is being able to decide when to, and when not to, all by yourself without anyone’s help.

so people should be allowed to drop the F bomb, even tho when they do it frequently turns into a 30+ post brouhaha? People will inevitably misuse the forum and use vulgar language, so we can either censor it or not make such a fuss about it. The idea of a time when people choose not to post giant signatures seems a bit naive. Obie will always be obie, and totaluni will always be totaluni. Put them on your ignore list, automatically have Gilby censor all curse words with asteriks, or choose not to get upset by them.

-grant

i am 13 smarts :smiley:

Sooooo… Which one should i get.

Everyone backed down from the giant signatures. We’re in a time where everyone is chosing not to post giant signatures.
Self-moderation does work.

And KcTheAcy, try starting a new thread with a slightly different name. This one has been hijacked to another planet.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :slight_smile: :angry: :angry: :angry:

o and obie you have a picture of yoda not obie one kanobie so i dont know whats going through your head because you oviously dont know starwars

:roll_eyes:

this is a bettter thread he screwed up sorry wrong one

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36036

it suddenly dawned on me that the fact that Obie apologised for his language in the same post is indicative of something
if u’re involved in an accident on the road and u apologise to the other driver, it is seen as an acknowledgement of guilt and can have insurance-implications
mmm, interesting

pc?

If everybody goes PC, will I still be able to read the forums on my Mac?

T.

Re: pc?

OMG!!! :astonished: :thinking: :angry:
he said the M-word! Bill’s gonna be angry…

:stuck_out_tongue:

m word?

Don’t worry, I don’t really have a M*c (I take it that was your “M-word”)

I was just being daft and trying to give folk a giggle.

I used a M*c once at uni(versity), never again. There’s only one button on the mouse for godsakes!!!

T.

Re: m word?

did anyone on campus yell out: “hey dude! u lost a button!”?