Difference between Air Pillow and Rocks air bag?

Is there a difference between Air Pillow(From uni.com) and the Rocks air bag (from bedford)?

i don’t know

Then why the fuck did you post you little asshole?

Sorry anyone who didn’t need to hear that. I think they are the same though. You can get away with making one of your own or using a tube sock though.

Wow, what terrible marketing.
You’re trying to sell something really soft and cushiony.
Which word do you want in the title: “Rocks” or “Pillow?”

I don’t know what the difference is either.

Obie, what’s your problem? In the process of correcting someone’s behavior that you see as inappropriate for the forum you violate the same protocol? This is RSU, which doesn’t stand for Rant Swear Unnecessarily.

I hope this doesn’t become known as the forum that 13-year-olds can go to to be sworn at and insulted by college students. You seriously need to grow up, and if you’re so bent on acting as forum cop, then police yourself first.

I violated a different protocol actually. RSU also doesn’t stand for really shitty users, which total uni is.

This is the last forum to get a bad reputation. We are too nice and too PC.

If Evan wants to stop getting cursed at by me he should stop posting stupidly. His age doesn’t matter. I would curse at anyone who came along and did what he does, even if the roles were reversed.

I am one of the last people who wants to be forum cop, I just want to see the forum used properly.

In short, stop crying, I didn’t do anything wrong to Evan, he doesn’t care. And I definately didn’t do anything wrong to you.

The Bedford version is probably called the “Rocks Air Bag” because it was made by Mike Rocks. I rode one of his prototypes on my 29er for a year. It was comfortable and stood up well. I can’t comment on how it differs from the Air Pillow, though.

-andrea

Re: Difference between Air Pillow and Rocks air bag?

“Rutabaga” <Rutabaga@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote in
message news:Rutabaga.1fwezi@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com
>
> TheObieOne3226 wrote:
>> *Sorry anyone who didn’t need to hear that. *
>
> Obie, what’s your problem? In the process of correcting someone’s
> behavior that you see as inappropriate for the forum you violate the
> same protocol? This is RSU, which doesn’t stand for Rant Swear
> Unnecessarily.
>
> I hope this doesn’t become known as the forum that 13-year-olds can go
> to to be sworn at and insulted by college students. You seriously need
> to grow up, and if you’re so bent on acting as forum cop, then police
> yourself first.
>
Very well said Rutabaga, why on earth is Obie is so sure that his post was
so much more necessary than that to which he replied? It wasn’t: It was
way over the top. There are probably several hundred users of the forum,
including kids, none of whom needed to hear that at all. The “I don’t
know” was maybe a little frivolous and not required as a reply. It was
harmless though, whereas Obie’s rant was very revealing: the words
unthinking, explosive, ill tempered, coarse mouthed lout came to mind.
Control it Obie, you know we don’t want to read this sort of thing, you
said so, so why post it?

Nao

Re: Difference between Air Pillow and Rocks air bag?

You hurt EVERYONE who uses this forum.
My 11 year old was a great fan of SWAT…
no more…as long as you trash up this site
with your low excremental mouth…he’s not
going to be here.

It was just painful to see. I spent 4 years
in the military…low language is no stranger.
But we really love our Group posts…they’re
something special. Your language fouled it.

Mikefule was sad last week for many reasons,and
this kind of sad low language and behavior
was one of the reasons.

You painted up your place…made it real nice.
Then some low sprayed obscenities on it.
The low ruined something good.

We all had a nice place here and you made it worse.

Why not start a separate Group?

So…you’re wrong…you did do damage.

“TheObieOne3226” <TheObieOne3226@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote in message news:<TheObieOne3226.1fw971@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com>…
> Then why the fuck did you post you little asshole?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Sorry anyone who didn’t need to hear that. I think they are the same
> though. You can get away with making one of your own or using a tube
> sock though.
>
>
> –
> TheObieOne3226 - Owns you, SWAT does, mmmm
>
> ‘SWAT Gallery’ (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT) – New!
> Coasting unicycle video and more ECMW pics!

> ‘SWAT webpage’ (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com) – FRESHLY
> UPDATED

>
> AIM/ICQ:TheObieOne3226
> Yahoo:TheObieOne3226
> MSN:TheObieOne3226@hotmail.com
>
> “Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
> him, and came here because of him”
> -KJ-52
>
> “Praise Allah!”
> -Gilby
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> TheObieOne3226’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4851
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36371

Re: Re: Difference between Air Pillow and Rocks air bag?

DITTO THAT AL, and well said.

Oddly, though, the f- word should have had part of it marked out with asterisks. That’s what used to happen in the past. Without the asterisks, it just makes it “louder”.

Rah Rah Ree, lets hear it for Penn State…

BTW, the ignore list works.

Jesus christ this forum is wayyyy too PC. You can’t start crying everytime someone uses what you feel is an inapropriate word. People are going to do and say things you dont agree with, you have to learn to live with it.

Oh and feel free to ignore me. I don’t gain anything from you reading my posts, and in the rare event that I do use an offensive word, I won’t have to hear about it.

Rubbish.

Obie, when you say “we are too nice and too PC”, what you really mean is FOR YOUR TASTES. “WE” is a plural word, refering to the Community. I think the Community knows whether it is too nice and too PC, and the Community does not think it is so. You do, which is great if all you care about is individual behavior, but you should be aware that your views don’t equate those of many others in this Community.

You say you don’t want to be a cop and do want to see this forum used properly. But you must really mean “properly in my unique point of view”, since through your own actions and posts you clearly ignore the views of the majority including many long time residents. I refer to your long signature fiasco. I also refer to your obscenity in a forum that is visited by many younger kids, as well as many not-so-young kids that have learned to communicate their emotions without resorting to vulgarity. While it’s nice to find a place to exercise your newfound “college mouth”, maybe that place should be a local bar instead of this forum.

And last, you claim you didn’t do anything wrong to Evan or Rutabaga. While I might buy that in Rutabaga’s case, I’d say your slander of Evan clearly does wrong him. Other than annoying you with posts that don’t meet your “standard” for appropriateness, has he done anything to warrant being called what you called him? Instead of jumping to assumptions on his character or personality, maybe you should just leverage the IGNORE feature to tune him out, as I’m about to do to you.

Shamed he would be, sharing your name.

That’s right, it is too PC in my (and many others) opinion. I act based on my opinion. I do not look at my post and say “will this be taken negatively by others?” I post what I feel is moral based on my set of beliefs.

I believe that a large number of the people on these forums do not post in the same manner. They post based on the morals of others and hold back. If everyone posted what they wanted this would be a different forum. That’s why I said it is too PC. The level that is acceptable for the forums is well below a majority of the user’s individual moral standards.

I hope you are not trying to insinuate that I am a poor member of this community because I curse occasionally. Also the sigline thing is over, with no repercussions.

Actually you couldn’t be more wrong. I had a relationship beyond the forums with him. A rather extansive one actually. Business and friendship. Then I saw his true character, which, while not terrbile, was very asshole-esque.

there’s more to a functional community than just acting based on your own convictions, beliefs and morals
for a community to effectively function, members need to act based on shared convictions, beliefs and morals
a bunch of pretty big words meant to convey ‘let’s keep this a place where parents are happy to let their kids hang out’
for that to happen, it would be kewl to keep profanity off the forum
to keep ‘adult’ oriented material off the forum
when it does happen that someone uses such language or posts such material, members of the forum, like myself, will speak up and ask that such behaviour be checked
should it turn out that people who do not share those concerns form a majority, that will obviously change the basic character of this forum
i believe we would lose something if that happens
not in terms of personal rights/liberties, but in terms of an instrument that can (and have) done wonders for our sport
be it trials, trails, muni, freestyle or street, unicyclists from all over the world have benefitted from the assembled experience and expertise on this forum
to ‘deny’ young unicyclists access to that would be very sad indeed

i believe my stance on the issue of censorship is a matter of forum record
as is my opinion about the difference between state-sponsored cencorship and self-cencorship
and my conviction that self-cencorship on this forum is for the greater good

please, watch your language

In daily human interaction, most people who are contemplating swearing take a look around first to see who they might offend, before cutting loose. The ones who dont – well there’s something wrong with them.

A reasonable exception might be made if just now hit your thumb with a hammer. Or sometimes maybe you actually wish to offend people.

Obie probably doesn’t say “fuck” in front of his grandmother.

This forum is one of those places where you WILL offend people if you swear. But I guess it’s OK, since Obie’s grandmother probably doesn’t read this forum.

(That was sarcasm in my last sentence.)

cant gilby just figure a way to censor words posted in the forum? lots of chat rooms and other places online automatically replace vulgar language with asteriks. but perhaps gilby has enough on his plate right now…

-grant

for the FIRST TIME i am on obies side…

u guys are too PC.

i dont care really what someone says…

and what obie said is not going to stop me from my stupid, dumb,crapy, pathetic, loser posts:D

Unfortunately this thread is no longer about your stupid, dumb, crappy, pathetic loser post. It’s also no longer about air pillows.

dogfeathersvt mentioned that Obie probably doesn’t use the f-word in front of his grandmother. As an example, not necessarily fact. If he doesn’t, it’s because he knows she doesn’t like it, or worse, will attempt the ancient soap treatment on him.

The point being if he doesn’t, it’s because he realizes his audience won’t take it as casually as he or total uni does. The part you guys are missing is that when you post here, you are talking to a bunch of total strangers, of various ages, tastes, and cultural backgrounds. This forum has very few rules, as such, and mostly it works pretty well that way. What many of us are asking here, is for you to remember who reads here; that it’s an information resource for newbies, kids, and others. If it becomes a teenage flame war zone, it will lose its usefulness as a resource. We’re asking you to not contribute to that sort of decline.

We are not asking you to acknowledge it as a decline, just to accept that other people think of it as such. If you care about what others think, maybe that will have some effect.

Total uni, what you did was annoying, but not offensive. Weird Al Yankovich put it well in the Pentiums song: “And posting ‘me too’ like some brain-dead AOLer.”

Very Well-said John… You are right.