Did trials for the first time yesterday!

I don’t think I’m doing too bad for just starting trials. After about 1 hour of trials 2 days in a row I can jump up 20in or about 51cm SI :smiley: (Haven’t tried SIF yet). Unfortunately I’m stuck there until I get a trials uni. :frowning: My beginner uni isn’t up to trials. Tire went flat after about 30 min, almost broke my spokes, and have to stand on the cranks instead of pedals because they’re so short, also whenever it does any drops over 50cm it sounds like it’s about to explode. And the seat turns when I hop. :frowning: Luckily I already have $250 saved up and will be able to get a good trials uni by next month. :smiley: A video will be posted of my 2nd day doing trials as soon as youtube downloads it.

Woh nice 51 cm first try WTH!!! I can only get 26cms and ive been riding for 2 months or close to 2 months. I got my kh20 3 weeks ago maybe 4 now. How did you get such a good jump on your first attempt??? Or have you been practising hoping not in trial riding ? :S

i recon thats so high i have been ridinf for close to 4 months and i can get like 35CM
what uni do you think youll get?

yes, my friend is receiving a nimbus x street in one week, rite now hes got a 20" ebay unicycle and its UNDER inflation, its not ddestroying the rim or anything and you can Hop soooo high! I havent really measured how high I can hop yet, hmm ill try tomorrow…

you’ve got 250$… you want a decetn trials uni… get a NIMBUS TRIALS ISIS 20" you may need a bit more money.

To be honest I’m not really sure you “just started trials”. You make it sound as if you got on your uni for the second time and started hopping around.

Well he made more sense than you!

I started riding the last week of April but didn’t try jumping on it until 3 days ago.

Well without a unicycle I can jump over things that are about 3.5-4ft tall depending on how good my jump was. I like to jump. Besides uniing jumping over stuff is probably my favorite thing to do. Think that might’ve helped a little with my hopping.

This is sounding a little bit like another thread about jumping, so I’d really like to see you jumping and clearing 20" si so please post a video asap.:slight_smile:

Alright, I’ll go out later today and film it.

Cool I’ll watch for it. Up & over a high jump bar, stick, string w/e would be great. Just make sure you measure it on film! :slight_smile:

I like to jump over stuff, up stuff and what ever ( parkour ) But i have been riding for about a year on my trials unicycle, and cant get over 20" SI, yet alone SIF!:frowning:

Well I just made a quick video doing 20" si on my new trials uni–in my work clothes lol! I landed it to rubber si with no prehop, but didn’t quite land in when I jumped back down. I’ll do it after work again when I can take more time. But 20" si for me is waaaay over my previous record so I’m pretty happy about it!

It’s uploading to youtube now, but I have to go to work. If you subscribe to my videos it will let you know when it’s ready to view. Or just check my youtube page it should be “live” in about 20 min.:smiley:

Well I just made a quick video doing 20" si on my new trials uni–in my work clothes lol! I landed it to rubber si with no prehop, but didn’t quite land in when I jumped back down. But at least I know now that I can do it…and maybe more than that!

I’ll do it again after work when I can take more time. But 20" si for me is waaaay over my previous record (16") so I’m pretty stoked about it! :D:):p:D

Good job Terry. I’ve been riding for a year now, and I’ve been stuck at 56cm for like 6 months. And I ride trials everyday, everything else improves but that.

That’s excellent! I guess I’m at about 51cm if I converted it right. Did you do your 56cm static and seat in, or sif, or woth prehops at all? Do you have a vid of it? It took me only like 5 min to set it up and film my video.

what do you mean converted it’s on the tape ??

Hi!
I have just started to ride trialuni but I can make more than 50cm and have been riding for about 1 week…have never ever tested a unicycle before so ihope I will learn more soon :slight_smile:
My background is biketrial for 12 years so it might be a help i hope :thinking: .

Dang. I just went out to film me jumping 20" and could only get a little above 17in, about 44cm. Oh well, here’s the link anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BqRvPlD9jY

why does it skweek??

and good job

thats really good wow!!!