Descending Snowdon 28-12

Guys

If you were the team descending Snowdon yesterday via the Llanberis path on
your Uni’s let me know as I have the photos. We spoke near to the shelter on
the summit ridge

Steve

We don’t stop playing because we get old
We get old because we stop playing

It was Richard (Loosemoose) and crowd. They are away until after the Newyear. :slight_smile:

Hahaha, thats genius, yeah that was Me, Dave (Kington99), Alex Smout and Rupert Millard, with Phil Marshall and Leigh walking the same route we took. I’m SOOO achey today though, even 2 days later! I had a bright red jumper on, I was stopped for a while on the saddle waiting for the rest of the group so it may have been me you talked to.

I’m now of the opinion that my 26" LM makes the best muni experience, even if the weight of it strapped to my backpack meant my shoulders are still sore today. I’ve got some video, and there are pictures on Leigh’s and Phil’s cameras, and i’ll get them asap and post them.

An excellent trip, easily the best conditions I’ve ever seen on snowdon, and I’m planning on taking an experienced group of riders up the same route near easter, more details when I’ve located campsites and decided on a minimum skill/equipment level.

Loose.

Thanks Steve, I was one of the team, any photos would be greatly appreciated, probably best to send them to Loosemoose as he usually complies the media from a ride.

I thought this might amuse someone LOOK WHAT I DID TO MY DAMN FOOT! Believe it or not this was the result of a planned stationary dismount on level ground near the summit. This photo is three days later, and yes of course i still rode the rest of the way down. Off to physio tomorrow, oh well…

aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

Mike

Re: Descending Snowdon 28-12

Guys

You can find the photos at

http://www.walkingoutdoors.co.uk/Steve/Snowdon2005/

I didn’t get the video as the camera was in photo mode and not video mode
unfortunately of one of the team falling off and sliding on the ice

It was great to see such an event on the hillside. Normally it’s only
mountains bikers and walkers on Snowdon.

I bought a Uni in 2004 and mastered the art of falling off after about 12
feet. Since then its been in the shed gathering dust. I promised myself I’d
learn how to use it properly so there’s another new years resolution broke

All the best

Steve

“swarbrim” <swarbrim@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote in
news:2cc896b6a6729dbfba10e69584acaf3d.20xo81@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com
>
> kington99 wrote:
>> I thought this might amuse someone LOOK WHAT I DID TO MY DAMN FOOT!
>> Believe it or not this was the result of a planned stationary dismount
>> on level ground near the summit. This photo is three days later, and
>> yes of course i still rode the rest of the way down. Off to physio
>> tomorrow, oh well…
>
>
>
> aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!
>
> Mike
>
>
> –
> swarbrim
>
> :smiley: add me at mike41ishere@hotmail.com
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> swarbrim’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45676
>

Cheers for those Steve, now I’ve seen the location of the photos I know who you are. I love the last photo of Rupert on the floor, it took a short while for me to figure out what was actually going on in that photo. I deffinitely suggest you dig that old uni out of your shed, you could join us on next winter’s trip with some moderate practice, once you crack the basics it’s really not all that hard.

<enter random non-unicyclist> I’ve got a couple of snaps too - we were the walkers with the blue/yellow TeamNutter LandRover. I’ll upload them to the web if you’re interested (but I’m not on my PC at the moment)

Yeah if you could that would be great, sorry i I didn’t see your post until just now.