DEFECT ! review !

can sum1 tell me how to access all the eggs? thanks

Spencer

Yes, that is my coffin and hearse. Both are used. The hearse is 33 years old and the coffin is older.

After filming a bunch of stuff that day, Ryan got in the coffin and we loaded him in the hearse and drove from my shop to Jeff Groves house with Ryan still in the coffin with the lid closed. It was about a 25 minute drive.

Dan Heaton and TheDan (maybe Ben and Joey too) were sitting in the back of the hearse on that drive.

I had that coffin full of drinks at the Toronto 24 hour unicycle race
after-party and also at the Bedford Experience in Ohio at NAUCC. I had the inside of the coffin sprayed with that black rubber truck bed liner so it would hold water without leaking.

I take it to the beach often in the summer. Girls like to get in the coffin and have their pictures taken.

By-the-way, the license plate reads: R U NEXT

Make sure your first ride in a hearse isn’t your last ! They’re awesome !

…but hard on gas with it’s 472 cu-in engine.

Thanks for the post,
Darren

Really, sweet! I’ll have to tell him. How’d you know it’s him? I haven’t seen it yet so I don’t know what it’s about…or what he’s doing…

men I cant find any hidden scences… Im such a noob

me neither

I was there when it was filmed (doing a little indoor trials). I don’t want to spoil the hidden section for you, so you’ll have to see for yourself.

note: Preston was also featured in the U2 hidden section.

defect havn’t come to sweden yet, and have danny H send any defect/syko shirts to sweden ?

peace out, simon

I just received “Defect” last night and I am very annoyed. Dan makes these videos and I watch them saying to myself, “there’s something I can’t do, there’s something else I can’t do,” on and on until I find something I think I can do. Then I go out and try it and hurt myself. These videos need a big disclaimer for sissy-geezers like me.

The music on Dan’s videos always leaves something to be desired by me, but that’s just a matter of taste and time. I have enjoyed the music on other videos more than the syko productions. But the riding is unbelievable and there is an improvement in its caliber every release. It just seems impossible that I progress so slowly and all of these riders continue to improve in leaps and bounds. Why can’t I leap and bound over a park bench? I can barely leap and bound over a Pepsi can.

(Seeing Jagur in it was only mildly disturbing. Fortunately he had no speaking parts.)

Thanks for another fantastic DVD, Dan.

great movie y’ll, but what’s the deal with dan doerksen? has he quited or what ? I was looking forward to see some of him. anyhow peace out

I finally got to watch it. Holy crap!

Mr. Bedford:

After reading your original post and watching the movie you reviewed, I feel like you needed far more than 20 exclamation marks to drive your point home. Every single section of defect made me want to stand up and yell. The BC wheel section features riding that is completely unecessary in the most spectacular and awesome way. This DVD did very bad things to my self esteem (in a good way)–watching this video after an afternoon of riding is like watching an NBA basketball game after practicing your free throws. Who cares if I can get onto a picinic table (from the side seat then to the top) when Dan Heaton can crank grab the top and, from there, 180 into another crank grab and off it perfectly. The riding is better than anything ever showcased before, and the filming, editing, production values, and extra features are top notch. I don’t know how else to describe it. It’s an eye-opener, for sure.

Just got mine yesterday. Its great!

Not only is the riding very very good, but the one thing that really stands out apart from Universe 2 is the non-riding parts. The comentarys, comments, sac john and other talking parts, just make it more interactive and user friendly. Defect just seems so much more…personal than U2. A lot of the riders personallitys come out in the video.

You could really tell they had a lot of fun making the video (a little TOO much fun sometimes) and that really stands out and makes it mre fun to watch.

The parts that stick out in my mind the most after watching everything once are:
The great flatlad stationary tricks, esp. Dan Heaton’s part
Zack Baldwin’s smooth trials
Mike Clark’s rail running
Kris Holm’s house
sac john of course
Shaun’s 3 ball cascade grind

Of course, the whole thing was just great. A couple things confused me about the riders, though… for one, why does Mike Clark look so much younger than in Universe 2?

And skinnier!

Because he is the Mad Scientist.

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!!!

was that kris’ house they were trashing in the bonus features?
cus i didn’t see any other houses, cept that room where john foss (i think) did the crazy hand glide thing

Thats what I would like to know… I’ll bet its more like Dan Heatons house or something…

No, Kris’ house is a nother hidden section.

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!!!

It wasn’t Kris’s house. Jamey Mossengren (unicycle6869) was doing the hand gliding - and I think that was his (Jamey’s) basement.
The house that was being trashed was not Kris’s nor Jamey’s house - I believe it was a house rented by one of the guys that were doing the trashing.

Connie

i found one egg… but i can’t find the rest and i’m too frustrated to do it myself… someone PM me the eggs besides the POTENTIAL SPOILER one with jeff groves in the caveman suit in the woods.

because i am about 90lbs lighter now!