defect is HERE

This is the deal: Either many, many people (including you!) pay for the video, or Dan stops making them all together. He’s already expressed how his productions have been a losing effort based on the work and money that goes into them and the return he gets from them. Thus, ‘Defect’ is like the litmus test to see whether he should ever produce another official video again.

So it’s up to you. Go ahead, steal the video, but don’t let any of the rest of us hear you ever crying about there not being any official videos available for unicycling, because you are the reason that there aren’t. The way i see it, we owe Dan a hell of a lot more than $30 CDN just for what he’s done for us and the sport over the last few years. So send him a $30 CDN cheque just for that. In return, he’ll send you the ‘Defect’ DVD for free, because he’s just that cool of a guy.

Mine is probably in my mailbox as we speak. Thanks Darren.

Yeah, definently no pirating of Unicycling Videos. Its not like there’s a huge base of buyers to begin with. I definently definently hope that there is another video coming from Syko. Unicycling in general would take a hit without pro videos.

So if they ship out today to us USAers, people in the northeast like me can probably expect it tomorrow or thursday right? Especially considering Toronto is about as close as Canada gets to the Poconos.

I’m not expecting it to happen, but I’d also prefer a torrent.

Don’t lynch me just yet.

My copy was ordered and paid for some time ago, and I’m impatient to get it in the mail. In this age of near-instant gratification of media over the internet I despise having to wait for a physical copy of media to arrive in my mailbox.

Yeah I wouldn’t mind a temporary copy until I get the real thing, but waiting for it, and then it being DVD quality makes it even sweeter.

I can’t pretend to have any moral standing when it comes to not stealing content, so I can’t scold you for that - defect is just like any other movie from that point of view (and completely unlike any other from another point of view! ;)). So even aside from the ‘stealing is wrong’ part of things, it’s just plain rude to come and ask for something people have paid for, free of charge, especially in a community like this one.

And all that said, my friends and I all pitched in 5$, and now we have a communal copy of defect on the way. There are things you can do to lessen the price of such things.

I’m not talking about a janky wmv of the thing, I’m speaking of a well-ripped and compressed copy. If I remember correctly Defect is about 40 minutes long, so you could have an excellent quality rip of it for around 350MB or so.

Of course there’s the whole problem of people who didn’t pay for it downloading it.

I’m also in much of the same boat as flyer here, there’s no way in hell that I could pretend to be all moral about copyright issues, but in a community such as this with a “for-the-community” project struggling to break even such as this, is quite simply just rude.

The torrent thing is quite unlikely to happen, so I’ll continue my impatient wait for it to show up in the mail. Interestingly enough my Qu-ax trials uni from UDC should be finally showing up this week or next, so I’m now impatiently waiting for both the tool and the inspiration.

Shame on you Rodent!
I don´t like you any more

Shame on me for… ?

Working in TV production, I can promise you that Dan put months and months (if not years) of hard work and a hell of a lot of expertise into producing Defect. So far as action adventure sport DVD’s, Defect is top notch. It’s an actual, realized show, not just a gusseyed up home movie. As is, Dan is the only true video chronicler of the sport, and he deserves the little money he makes from all that work and passion.

I suspect he’s getting burned out on making these videos, and there’s little chance of him making another if he isn’t supported.

Buy the damn DVD and be glad.

JL

Heck, buy two or three!! Give them as holiday presents.

all I could sya is this this : DAN HEATON IS EVEN MORE GODLY THEN DEFECT! … thanks dan for such a ncie video ! it pumped me up and got me to finally get up 5 effing pallets on roll hops haha and now its pumpin me to get even better at flatland so thanks alot for such an awesome video

Where is SYKO??? California??

Hmm maybe I’ll get my copy here in NC before the weekend?!?!?!

Syko is in California, but Dan said that they are shipping out from Toronto Canada today, if I understood him right.

Syko is in Seattle. Some DVD’s for Canada were shipped from Toronto last week. The rest of the orders are being shipped today from Seattle.

-Dan

Alright then! None of my information I just gave was correct! I am amazing!! Bow down to my ultimate knowledge.

what if I ordered mine from unicycledotcom…?
will it just be sent from Georgia?
which makes me really stupid, since Seattle is like right next to Idaho, and Georgia’s like a million miles away…

Even considering Torrenting Defect

One quick stupid question : How long does it take between the order and the delivery of the DVD, prep+shipping time to DC ?
I have a relative flying biefly to Washington and I want to save on overseas shipping :slight_smile:

WOW!

I just watched this, it has opened my eyes just a little bit wider. I’m sad there wasn’t as much freestyle as I would have liked, but man oh man, some of the stuff you guys were pulling. Wow. I’m scouring the disc for easter eggs right now :smiley:

I have to wait for another four days! It’s killing me.

Cathy