Dealing with dogs

I forgot to mention one other thing I used to do while riding past unleashed dog owners. I’d shake an index finger at them and say, with an authoritative voice, “BAD dog owner. BAD dog owner.”

After reading all of these posts, I have a few other comments:

1. I will henceforth ensure that I have at least two cats (it’s always best to have a spare cat) when I ride thru dog-infested areas; thanks, Harper.
  2. Bear owners should also be forced to leash their animals. I will write to my local government leaders to see if we can enact some leash laws for bears, and I suggest the same for Saskachewan.

There are times when, reading through these fora, I feel that it is not just the dogs, but also some unicyclists who should be on a leash… and the response to that is NOT “Yes please”.

:wink:

Nao

what’s the difference between smoosh and smooch? I’m not sure if that’s New World English, or a typo.

calvin_smooch.gif

smooch = to kiss
smoosh = to crush, as when you fall off your unicycle onto a small dog and/or the owner. Possibly an alternate of “smash”.

This reminds me of the Mythbusters, when they dropped turkeys on small dogs :smiley:

I use to do, but with all these dogs my cat became really realy big (much bigger than on my picture). The cat-carrier wont fit it anymore.

alex.jpg

Thank you OldDrone! I see no reason irresponsible dog owners should be allowed to bother their neighborhood with loud barking.

I’ve been chased down by a large German Shepard. The first time it scared me, I got off the unicycle, and it backed off. The second time it ran away at first, grabbed it’s ball, and then ran after me to play catch with.

And then there’s that rottweiler across the street. If that demon dog ever gets free, I fear it will be the end of me. Whether I’m riding or not.