Dark theme šŸŒƒ

Not enough contrast for me, I edited the CSS and changed --primary and --header_primary to #fff and I really like it like that.

1 Like

Itā€™s great as is for me. I really prefer dark. Thanks!

2 Likes

With the new black tyre the unicycle again doesnā€™t look very nice in dark mode as most of the wheel is pretty much invisible. (Sorry for complaining again - itā€™s just that I like the unicycle spinner so muchā€¦ :wink: )

1 Like

I used the wrong file. Itā€™s fixed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hehe, I like the Helloween styling.

1 Like

I still think the font colour should be white.

Everybody is going dark then? :slight_smile: I bet the Halloween Theme is scarier in the dark.

1 Like

Iā€™m still not really happy with the dark theme, the blue buttons and text hurt my eyes. Iā€™m sure there are improvements to be done, but also each user has their preferenceā€¦

1 Like

Yup, in my job I grew to be the UI guy, developing the UI for the Excel Add-Ins and latest website. Both for functionality and looks every user in the company has their own ideas for how things should look. (We have about 1000-1500 users) So when there is functionality where we think it will benefit all, we will use that and otherwise dictate the looks ourselves. Then after a month or so the users are used to how things look and are less likely to complain.
Personally I donā€™t mind the brighter blue. You will always need good contrast for readability. With a dark background, it is harder to find the right colours.

1 Like

The dark theme is working wonders !
The only readability I have noticed is the dark blue of the buttons/notification badges/urls that is not contrasting well on black-ish(or at least is not sufficiently enough of one of them). No idea if it is as simple as making the text bold to have a better color presence or if it is the hue that is not working wellā€¦

Anyway, a pleasure to use and the text shade proves that contrast without eye burns is possible :stuck_out_tongue:

I just modified the blue for a lighter tint.
You need to completely reload the page to see the color change.

You should prolly keep it that colour blue for readability, but I liked the previous.
Will you also change it on the scrollbar? That is still the old blue and maybe change the photo of the Flamingo uni, which should be a tad lighter too.
I will never go back to light mode.

Done!

Do you mean the emoji :uni:?

I wasnā€™t serious. I was looking at this picture

1 Like

Nice new shade. The reply button demonstrates the improvement best and the URLs require less squinting !
You are unstoppable :wink:

1 Like

How easy would it be to add an option to sync light/dark mode with the OS?

1 Like

Thereā€™s a site setting for this, but it seems it only allow to select a light or dark color palette, which wouldnā€™t work here, since the light and dark themes use not only a color palette, but also other features and files. Iā€™ll see what I can do.

1 Like

Ah, no worries. It would be nice to have but itā€™s not essential :slight_smile:

1 Like