=> Custom Unicycles <=

:roll_eyes:

My Christmas went into my bike instead of the Unicycle this year.

Wow looks nice, way better than that green spray pAINT.

just give a couple clear-coats and leave it like that.

btw didnt you make less tire clearance a while ago because i cant remember.

Yeah, it’s got about 2mm clearance now.

I don’t ride in the rain, so I won’t be buying clear coat.

I’m thinking about getting my cranks powder coated black, as well as the frame, and a set of bike cranks. I can get all that done for $20.

Even if you don’t ride in the rain, surface rust is probably pretty likely. You should clear coat it just to be sure - it can’t hurt. Really though this is a HUGE improvement, it looks actually kind of cool now.

Yeah, I think it looks really good now, looks better in person than in the picture.

But I did like the green, I rode around in the drama classroom in the dark with blacklight on and it was insanely cool looking.

EDIT: I am getting my bike cranks powder coated, so after that if I don’t get the frame and Unicycle cranks throw in with it, then I’ll clear coat it.

Yes, I did it myself. I used some left over gold leaf form a Rolling Stoned set I hlep build last year.

Just wondering, what’d you do to get less clearance?

Tho I dont think the hippies ever knew the difference.

Hacksaw + Angle Grinder + File + MIG Welder

For 2mm, you must have alot of spare time.

Borgschulze thats the nicest Torker DX ever! Awesome clearence, awesome look! Nice uni!

Isaac

the dx is nice, but i like sams better:D

That DX looks almost identical to my uni… except pretty much every component is different haha

[post]1351286[/post]

thats actually what i first thought sponge, then i saw the dx crown…i have to say again borgschulze that thats one of the best looking dx’s ive ever seen, aloso the frame clearance is amazing!

Yeah, after I rawed it, I was thinking… When I post this people are going to compare it to “The Ti”…

Surface rust doesn’t form as quick as some people make it out to be though, so I have quite a while before I decide to get it powdered black.

The cranks on my bike have been raw metal for close to a year now, and I have ridden in the rain at least 10 times since they have been rawed… well actually I sanded all the rust off of them with a dremel, the person I bought them from left his bike in the rain for a year and it pretty much is covered in rust.

Well now, you have a black post clamp and a seat cover with more red, as well as a silver hub. What about Profile cranks? Aren’t they chromed? Or are they polished really well to get that Chrome look that I somehow doubt you can get CrMo to get.

I do respect The Ti though, I just don’t like the Lollipop bearings.

Actually, it took under 30 minutes, including taking a break from using the hacksaw to get a drink.

I also ground off the stupid useless Magura mounts.

Why would you make a negative comment like that? You realize we all ride Unicycles… we must all have a lot of spare time.

if you didnt mean stones then thats mad funny:D

For an indefinite amount of time I’ve decided to focus on my trials riding so I’ve made the appropriate changes to my uni. :slight_smile:

I think he thinks that you only took off 2cm of the frame. The 2007 had a lot of clearence so you had to take a lot more than off.

It looks really nice. =p

I still have the hunks of steel I sawed off.

They’re ridiculously thick…

I believe I took off around 1 1/4", I don’t remember exactly though because the metal is in my garage, and I don’t feel like going in there just to measure it.

why does lower tire clearence help with trials and street?