Custom Titanium Unicycles

V!Z

Pretty tough rim
i use them for my 26" muni and my trial (new wheelset coming soon)
Lots of colours available :slight_smile:

(take a look at the anod rim 20") Rear 19" is available with 36 holes.

Hey thanks for replies. Ahh, shame is that I knew of the Viz a long time ago… the brand is pretty shady though. The rims are pretty bad, as they have that awful brake-line indicator stripe on the sidewall. It’s a dealbreaker. (unless recently they changed that?) I hope so

Hmm, it is a shame Tryall no longer makes coloured rims.

They didnt change that, the rim i got 3 days ago looks like the one i got back in 2006. I never had a problem with the brakeline indicator till now though, did they break like the old Kris Holm rims or what is the problem with that?

Unicycle.com (US) is selling powdercoated red KH rims. I don’t know if the shipping will be massive, but it might be something to look into.

Thanks for the input, that looks good. I was planning on powdercoating a KH rim as a last resort… But my uni already had the ‘old school’ rugged look with the Profiles and *powdercoated red rim. I hoped to ‘modernize’ it with an anodized red rim and clamp, with an ISIS set up.

Ahhh, well, if anyone can find out where I can still get a hold of a 36h red try-all rim, let me know!

:slight_smile:

Someone post some more Tritons up! Damn, I if wasn’t riding The Ti, I would definitely be riding one of my own frames!

Wow, I have no idea how I forgot to mention yesterday that I have a lightly used red tryall rim and matching clamp sitting in a box in my room. I have a couple pics

/threadjack :o

a secret photo from tritonframes.com :wink:
Hand brushed finish. Done by my own hands. Took ages though :slight_smile:

Phwoar

Very nice! Looks very clean, who’s going to be the lucky owner?

Dmitry- popped you over an email about the trials frame. :slight_smile:

So sexy!:stuck_out_tongue: I WANT ONE!!! If I ever break my KH frame again and I got alot of money I will get a Triton Trials frame. And if I ever have alot of money and I dont really know what to do with it, I’ll buy one for my Muni as well:)

Mmmm, that looks great! Now I want one too :roll_eyes:

:astonished: That looks much better IMO :smiley: I am more likely to get one some time with the Hand brushed finish and daul brake mounts, I love the new look. Also I like the idea of dual brake mounts :smiley:

New Triton frames

I received a dual Magura brake mount 26"/29" Triton this past week.

A few months back I got a triple Magura mount frame (designed for the Large Marge rim) and a new 26" Hunter.

The Triton frames are beautiful frames with beautiful, consistent titanium welds. I like them and am starting to build them up now that I can.

A few pics for your enjoyment are attached!

Hey marco, I’m building a superlight trials wheel, do you think these are nicer than the KH09/08 rims with offset drilling? Are they lighter? (I have the weight at 497g but I don’t know wether that is for the 32h rim or 36h. And to be fair the KH rim is 505g) So I think i might just go for the KH one.

The KH may be stronger than the VIZ, cause of the offset spokes. The weight can vary from 495 to 515g on the VIZ :wink: (depending on the colour i guess… )

If youre going to build up a 32 hole wheel, there are a few nice options:

If youre on a 36 hole wheel, take the VIZ if you like fancy colours or get the KH… well… you could also let the KH be powder coated or strip it… it will even save a bit weight :smiley:

One more option… the DOB Magnesium rim… but you will break that rim for sure… took Joe only 2 hours of some little riding and i bend them to hell after about 20 minutes during the longjump at unicon 2008.

o…m…g.
I think I am in love.
Someone buy me a the titan frame, pretty please.
Oh, and throw in those cranks if you don’t mind!

How much money do these frames run? I see the nimbus ones are over a G.

I don’t want a single wall rim, and the echo rim is only 44mm . As for a magnesium rim uhm… No thanks.

I guess I’ll just get a KH rim with double butted spokes.

hey centralvalley, can you post close ups of those echo cranks please they look pretty nice, are they ISIS…how much do they go for roughly? whats the length
thanks

ISIS, 165mm …
http://www.echobike.com/

ECHO ISIS cranks

160mm actually. Purchased from webcyclery.com