Custom Pete Perron airfoil: polished/drilled: Review

What a beaut’. The rim arrived two days earlier than it was supposed to, well packaged by Pete. No COD from UPS which was a nice surprise. I’m guessing that is because the airfoil is manufactured in USA or because pete modified it in USA. This only applies to duty though. Thankfully, he was nice enough to include extra eyelits and nipples in case my spokes didn’t fit, however I didn’t end up needing them.

Final price 150 American with shipping! Whoa what a deal. The difference is very noticable. Takes less effort to bring the wheel around no matter what cadence. This has actually forced me to notice the inferiority of my 150’s. Actually i think they are 152s if the numbers printed on them are correct. Once I get some 110’s and 100’s this thing should be a speed demon.

Thanks a ton Pete.

Note: much shinier when clean.

udc.jpg

and…

uni 2.jpg

pretty rim, pretty unicycle… I would get my airfoil drilled but I haven’t got the cash to send it up to him and drilled then have it sent back.

Glad you notice the difference Levi. Some folks made posts in other threads about heavier wheels being better, but I don’t think so.
Pete

Yeah I was thinking about that today. The fact that it seems like in a way, more rotating weight would increase momentum. After testing though, I found this not to be true.

Actually while riding back from the lbs I was carrying the old rim and dropped it in front of traffic. I rolled over some guys hood and smashed in another guy’s door. No damages to anything thouhg, oddly enough.

Yeah I was thinking about that today. The fact that it seems like in a way, more rotating weight would increase momentum. After testing though, I found this not to be true.

Actually while riding back from the lbs I was carrying the old rim and dropped it in front of traffic. I rolled over some guys hood and smashed in another guy’s door. No damages to anything thouhg, oddly enough.

Is that a record?

He kept pushing the post button for two minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

I have seen double and even tripple posts before but this is new, he must have really meant it!

A heavier wheel does have more momentum but this makes corrections and quick manovers harder. I strongly believe that a light wheel has more advantages than a heavy wheel, especialy for road use.

That is a supper nice looking rim.

haha… it locked up sorry guys/.

7 of em. dang!:stuck_out_tongue:

I think the 4th post emphasizes the point best among all the others.

Nice rim, I can’t wait to upgrade mine.

cool what upgrades are you planning?