custom girraffe on Ebay

finally a nice unicycle on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1867151652

I hope that shows up as a link.

Bid high, 'cause that shiznitum is quality, and im not trying to get it.

Re: custom girraffe on Ebay

What makes you think it is a nice unicycle? (I’m not saying that it isn’t.)

You sure can’t tell much from the description or the picture.

IMHO “custom built” is a red-flag for trouble (though the last “Custom
Built” one turned out to be a SemCycle, which is nice, but not what I would
call “custom built”).

–Mark

Mark Newbold
Montpelier, Vermont USA

Alternate email: manx@sover.net

I know the guy selling it.

Sorry if i didnt make this clear. The unicycle is a custom built frame. It is not a unicycle that someone peiced together from spare parts. This thing is Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y.

Nick,

It is good and appropriate of you to disclose that you are personally acquainted with the seller of this item. It is generally, a good idea if you are going to recommend an item on eBay, or anywhere for that matter, that you provide details. Since you obviously have knowledge of this item you should indicate what materials were used, what techniques were used, and what are the qualifications of the seller that make this quality, in your opinion. Otherwise, you are really acting as nothing more than a shill. Rec.Sport.Unicycling is YOUR unicycling online community and while it is easy to just post a quick note that something is for sale on eBay, that is not truly serving your community well, especially if you are connected with the seller and/or have more information that you initially disclose. It also diminishes your credibility here.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

um, yeah…

I really dont know more than that its a custom built girrafee unicycle. John is the guy selling it, and I trust him when he tells me its good and is quality built. I was trying to do him a favor by posting about it on the fourm. Ill post more details about it as soon as I can get them from him.

Sorry if i was “shill” (whatever the fuck that means).

Nick your such a fucking shill, I thought you were cool man, I guess not.

I would conqure with Nick in saying John is a reputable guy and that this 5’ uni is probably gonna go for a steal so put your bids in now. If I had the money and my kitchen didnt burn down I sure as hell would pay good scratch for that thing.

Fuck now I’m a shill too.

Nick maybe we can start a club.

Sounds like the cold weather up north has gotten some people’s panties in a bunch… I’m not trying to pass this off as something it’s not, and never asked anyone else to do so. If people would do less preaching and more dealing, they might get some good deals thrown their way. Someone else that decided to preach instead of make me an offer missed out on a Hunter with a 24x3 Fireball AND a 3.0 Gazz AND a 26x2.125 Fireball tire, all for $600. Not mentioning any names, but he knows who he is. Had he made me an offer of what he was willing to pay, he probably would be riding that thing right now. I’m glad the guy that got it did get it, because he certainly enjoys the daylights out of it.

I would have kept this giraffe and ridden it myself, except for the fact that I need the money for more important things at this time. If you’re interested, ask me about it. If you just want to talk shit, find something to do during un-rideable weather.

John

Cold weather up north? I wonder what he is talking about.

Still haven’t seen any useful facts about this giraffe, not that I would bid
on it anyway after seeing that rabid outburst from the seller.

–Mark

Mark Newbold
Montpelier, Vermont USA

Alternate email: manx@sover.net

Hi John,
I like the look of your five footer. I don’t have the money to bid on the one at e-bay but was wondering how much you would charge to build me one in the next couple of months? You can write me at onewheelcynic@hotmail.com.

Aj

p.s. I live in Austin, Texas

yeah

Aj,
I think your confused. John didnt bulid it himself, he aquired it as part of the Hunter deal.
p.s.
whats a good trials spot in Austin?

AJ,
Glad you’re interested. The builder has more that he may want to sell, I’ll email you his email address. I don’t think he’s planning on building any more in the near future though.

John

Hi Scott,
I’m the wrong person to ask about trials spots in Austin. The only riding I do is Coker street riding. Sorry bout that.

Aj

> nick wrote:
> > *I know the guy selling it.
> >
> > Sorry if i didnt make this clear. The unicycle is a custom built
> > frame. It is not a unicycle that someone peiced together from spare
> > parts. This thing is Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y. *
>
>
> Nick,
>
> It is good and appropriate of you to disclose that you are personally
> acquainted with the seller of this item. It is generally, a good idea if
> you are going to recommend an item on eBay, or anywhere for that matter,
> that you provide details. Since you obviously have knowledge of this
> item you should indicate what materials were used, what techniques were
> used, and what are the qualifications of the seller that make this
> quality, in your opinion. Otherwise, you are really acting as nothing
> more than a shill. Rec.Sport.Unicycling is YOUR unicycling online
> community and while it is easy to just post a quick note that something
> is for sale on eBay, that is not truly serving your community well,
> especially if you are connected with the seller and/or have more
> information that you initially disclose. It also diminishes your
> credibility here.
>
> Raphael Lasar
> Matawan, NJ

Agreed, except ‘shill’ is a harder word than I’d pick. I doubt Nick is
trying to swindle anyone. Sell hard, maybe, but I don’t doubt it really is
a custom giraffe. It’d be nice if he could back up his caps and dashes (and
typos, I love reading ad copy that raves about quality when the copy itself
is riddled with errors) with actual data, sure…

austin

Coker street riding? Sounds awesome, traffic in Austin SUCKS. Do you use that for transportation everywhere, or just like the occasional ride? Do you ever ride with Scott Kurland?
scott

Re: austin

Hi Scott,
Riding in and out of traffic is a blast. It’s raining today so if I have time I’m gonna put my seat back together and go for a rain ride. Traffic here does suck but it is just a lot of fun especially with the music blaring so I can tune out the world. As soon as Kurland gets up to speed on the Coker I’m looking forward to riding with him. I see him every week at our juggling meeting.

Aj