Creative Types... Need help on Uni Club Design Contest!

i’d suggest that u change the name to the Atlanta Club for Lifelong Unicyclists

:stuck_out_tongue:

seriously tho
since u seem quite keen to include the ‘dotcom’ in the club name, it would be nice if u could figure out a way to include something ‘internet-ty’ in the graphic of the club emblem

Dont use the rebel flag. Someone will eventually file a lawsuit against you and make you remove it.

AtlantaUnicycleClub.com
The South will Ride Again!

Funny thing is so few people from Atlanta or suburban Atlanta, are actually from the South, the Rebel Flag wouldn’t really work. Heck I am originally from MN, first state to send troops to the Civil War. :astonished:

I did think of incorporating the carving on Stone Mountain, since we ride their quite a bit. Instead of the leaders of the Confederacy on horses, I thought they could be drawn on Unicycles. Of course as sensitive as everyone is to southern history, it would have likely offended somebody. :roll_eyes: Which if it was only me, wouldn’t be an issue. :smiley:

I still wouldn’t mind that image though, It actually might offend everyone.:smiley: Maybe even that ACLU and the Southern Legal Foundation.

As for submissions, I have no official submissions, but 5 who are currently working on designs…hopefully. I am working dilligently preparing the runner up prizes. So I hope to see some great creative ideas.

5 days left.

4 Days

2 Days

the more i look at it, the more i like the idea of those stuffy looking guys on unis as an emblem
:slight_smile:

Well? Today’s the day!!!

The suspense is killing us.

Me too. Let’ see your finished products. Several of you have expressed interest. I will be out riding until 3PM Sunday, but I will hope to either get your submissions by Pm or posted here. Which ever way you feel more comfortable. Thanks

Seriously, Not one finished entry? Man is that dissapointing.:frowning:

Re: Creative Types… Need help on Uni Club Design Contest!

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:47:18 -0600, “bugman” wrote:

>Seriously, Not one finished entry? Man is that dissapointing.:frowning:

Must be disappointing indeed. In any case some ideas have been given
in this thread for yourself to tool around with.

You might consider giving it another week and re-emphasize the contest
and prizes as they appear in your original post. Personally I think
that your “x days left” messages may not have been enticing enough.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

people who unicycle are shyly exhibitionistic - GILD

Re: Re: Creative Types… Need help on Uni Club Design Contest!

I think you may be right, maybe they weren’t reading the original post…

So here it is again for those that missed my initial offer, and or need a little more time.

Re: Creative Types… Need help on Uni Club Design Contest!

Best Design gets a $50 gift certificate to Unicycle.com.

Top ten entries will receive by mail a copy of ESPN/GSN DVD(2004 Unicon Coverage and 2004 NAUCC coverage) and Under No Influence DVD. Although these are copies and not originals, they are rare and must have for the Uni DVD collection. So make your submissions count.

Anyone who has these DVD’s speak up and let the potential contestants know what a treat they are in for.

EDIT: Sorry, double posted, this copy deleted.

That does seem to be true for domains - I hadn’t noticed that before (so www.MyWeb.com is the same as www.myweb.com) - but if the URL points to a subdirectory or file rather than just to the domain (such as www.myweb.com/MyUnicycleClub) the bit after the slash is still case-sensitive, at least if it’s hosted on a Unix-based server. It may not be if the site is hosted on a Windows-based server.

PointTaken.

Ok , I started but never completed mine.

If you want a ‘draft idea’ I’ll PM it to you.

:sunglasses:

atlantauni.gif

:smiley:

atlantauni.back.gif

Now we’re getting somewhere. Game on!

I cant PM my image to you.

I dont want to post it here.
(cuz it took time and I want credit)

So, I will Email.

Please PM me where to send it.