Countdown to NAUCC 2006

Oh my, thanks for the reminder! I just washed them… several times. It took a few attempts before the water stopped turning black immediately. :slight_smile: It’s been way too long.

J

are you going to naucc? or was it just a reminder to wash your stinky pads?

Who said Brian was an adult? (be sure you check the poster’s name.) :roll_eyes: :astonished: :smiley: :wink: :sunglasses:

OK, I’m already here in Memphis, just waiting for NAUCC 2006 . . .

After all, I had to make sure I didn’t miss it! :roll_eyes: :sunglasses:

Actually, according to Tommy T., several others are already here, too!

So Brian did you drive again? Nice to do what you want, when you want. Now if you could just get rid of your other chain…your job.:wink: Say hey to Elvis for me.

Yup, I’m going. I can’t wait. Should be a blast!

J

Be sure to meet the Memphis Unicycle Club in Overton Park this evening. Tuesday, 6pm to 8pm. Bring your unicycle.

Yep, of course, this one was easy - first to PDC’s in Virginia (6+ hours) then to Memphis (10+ hours). And, yeah, they keep wanting me to spend valuable unicycle time at their place of stupidity!

Very sorry to have missed it, but I tried to bend my knee the wrong way at PDC’s Muni Meet - but you may know that as I saw Tommy Tuesday - it’s feeling better because I’m being responsible (no fun) and smart (no fun, either) and not Uni-ing at all:( .

You must be experiencing some serious jet lag (car lag?) You have not missed it yet. TODAY is Tuesday. You can still join us in the park, the weather is going to be great today. You don’t have to bring a unicycle. (I am sure we will have plenty of them to tempt you with.)

I get like that when I’m on Vacation - I don’t even want :smiley: :sunglasses: to know what day it is! My laptop lied to me, it was automatically mal-adjusted by my mapping program, I guess. Yes, it’s car lag :roll_eyes: and I didn’t even go fast!

I’ve got three, do I need more than that?:wink:

I’m leaving in 5 hours or so to start the drive there.

is there any gathering of unicyclists thursday night?

Nothing “official” has been setup. The local organizers will probably still be busy with last minute details.

You might stop by the 2 designated hotels to see if anyone is hanging around who might want to ride. The Wolf River Natural Area trail would be very close to the Comfort Inn and Suites and just a few miles from Wingate Inn. The trail is about 2 miles long (4 miles total, in and out) and is paved. The trail is well used by joggers and cyclists and is mostly shaded. There is one stretch of about a hundred yards that is not in the shade.

Have a safe trip. See you in Memphis.

Richard

i was actually thinking of socializing, not riding :slight_smile:

I’m leaving friday. Will get there like around midnight friday, so I’ll miss all of friday. But I’ll be there for everything else…

Except for the closing dinner thing. :slight_smile:

Anyone know if there is a disc (frisbee) golf course in memphis? If there is would anyone be interested in playing a round or two someday during Nationals?

GRaaaaa
i live too fucking faaar!!

I believe I saw one in Shelby Farms

There are several in the area. Go to an internet search engine and search for Memphis Disc Golf or try memphisdiscgolf.com.

The nearest one to NAUCC will probably be at Shelby Farms.

Great, thanks! Now I just need to find someone to play with…

i leave tomorrow morning for naucc. still a little nervous but it should be good.