Copy of OOW goes in 100 year time capsule

Rochelle is celebrating its 150 birthday this summer. As part of the celebration, the city has placed a time capsule (a stainless steel coffin actually) in the town square amongst all the festivities. Rochelle residents are welcome to place items in the capsule so, since the latest copy of OOW features a Rochelle event, Mary and I will be putting in a copy of the magazine. All items will be documented and described for those opening the capsule 100 years from now.

Wanna stick around to see it opened? :slight_smile:

Bruce

Great job Bruce. Now we can be assured uni’s will be around for at least the next 100 years. :slight_smile: --chirokid–

If I start saving now, maybe I’ll have enough to fly there when it gets opened.
The unicyclists 100 years from now are going to look at our rides now and say, “they could actually ride those monsters?” They’ll be riding Shelly Holm unicycles (Kris’s great-granddaughter, the foremost muni rider and the first unicyclist to ride on the moon) and the newest sport will be unicycle rapelling.

I was kind of hoping to ride on the moon in my lifetime. I hope it doesn’t take that long for someone to be the first.

I’d also like to give zero-G unicycling a go. Something like in a round room, as seen on Skylab in the 70s, where the guys attempted to race around a circular “track” of storage bin covers.

See also:
http://www.unicycling.com/things/index.htm#19