Coker speed

Re: Re: Coker speed

For all us who don’t understand the metric system, that’s 30.1 mph, or ludicrous speed. He’s gone to plaid!*

I can understand the fear factor involved. Crashing at that speed would not be a pretty sight.

*Anyone catch the reference?

Re: Re: Re: Coker speed

We ain’t found shit

Re: Re: Re: Coker speed

My all time favorite parody movie: SPACEBALLS:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Coker speed

So I trust you recognized mine?

Sorry, I was a little slow in recognizing it. You win.

In case you decide to…

Click the ‘user cp’ button in the top right, then ‘Edit Profile’, then alter the Custom User Text.

Best Parody Movie:

[B]Robin Hood, Men in Tights[/B]

My best Coker speed is 13mph…not too interesting, but it is interesting how I know my speed. I haven’t got a speed computer yet, so…

I was just out riding today and I passed one of those useless traffic speed sign things. I don’t know how popular these are outside Virginia. The cops put out this little trailer thing on the side of the road. Each time a car passes it, it radars them and then displays their speed on a big yellow LED sign thing. I guess its a subconcious trick…“Somebody knows your speeding, even if it is just this trailer! Be good!”

Anyway, as I passed it today, there were no cars around me. As I got close it said 15mph, then 11mph, then 13 mph, then 46mph. Since a car passed by me just then, I’ll throw out the 46mph just in case it was that guy. So, I’ll average it out 13mph!

Hey I need some help finding me a good computer for my coker.
any suggestions???
cause gosh darnit I want to know my speeds and distances
ridden,.

Computer for the Coker? Anything which will read a wheel size of 36 inches. Read the instruction book before buying. If you can’t find one tat works with a 36 inch wheel, then you can adapt and overcome by fitting two magnets diametrically opposed on the wheel.

I spent about 10 Pounds (US$ 15 approx) on a simple computer from my local bike shop. It reads actual speed, elapsed riding time, maximum speed for the trip, trip distance and total distance. It’s mounted behind the seat (for safety) so I can’t read it when riding. Thus, the ‘max speed’ function is useful.

Most computers will read accurately for distance, but might give an inflated ‘max speed’ reading if you ride over very rough ground, or ridged concrete. Computers have a reed switch which is pulled into contact by the magnet as it passes. The reed switch can vibrate on certain types of terrain, reading a very high speed for a couple of seconds.

Coker cyclometers

We just had a looooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg thread on this topic.

:sunglasses:

YES the thread was longgg but it didnt help me any

What do you need to know that wasn’t covered in the other thread?

Many of the cycle computer companies have downloadable manuals on their web pages. You can read the manuals to verify that the computer will accept the Coker wheel size (about 2770 mm to 2800 mm) and for other specs.

Then go to a bike store and take a look at the magnet to verify that it will fit the fat Coker size spokes and you’re good to go.