Coker ride this Saturday! 10/6/08

Sure, I’m up for that, don’t mind if I do! In fact, after my MUni ride at 4pm, I’m heading down to that very beach path for only about a 15 mile 36er ride. Perfect weather there today.:slight_smile:

i will try hard to make it and i need directions

I will get that for you it’s really easy to find. I’ll post directions here asap!:slight_smile:

cool thx

Here’s some pics and highlights of what you see along the way. We start in Torrance though, instead of the opposite side, near Will Rogers state beach…which makes it about 22 miles LESS driving for you!
http://www.nearfield.com/~dan/sports/bike/beach/southbay/index.htm

Ok the address, which is basically just a reference for the area where we park, is 387 Paseo de la Playa, Redondo Beach, 90277 So mapquest or google it with your address for directions, and we’ll all meet in this area on Saturday, 10/6/08, about 8:30am. I have most of your cell numbers and I think you all have mine, so we can check in by phone when we get there.:smiley:

Btw, this is the same beach ride we all did for Jim’s 50th back in 4/08. We had a great turnout and a great time…we did 50 miles!

ok i will talk to my mom and see if i can come

beach ride

Hey everyone!

Wish I could be there, but I have to work at the Moorpark College zoo that morning (and every Saturday morning) from 8 to 11.

If it were on Sunday or later Saturday afternoon I’d be there for sure.

What’s everybody ridin’ anyway? I’m on the new Coker V2 with 125’s usually. It’s my commuting vehicle between home and the zoo. It (and I) managed to hold up pretty well on Uninam earlier this year, so I’m pretty pleased with it. It does weigh a ton though…

Hey Ryan, I have no problem with switching the day to this Sunday instead of Saturday, if everyone else is ok with it. In fact, for those driving the farthest to get there, there would be almost NO traffic on Sunday as well. We should all chime in asap and confirm which day is best for most.:slight_smile:

Really? Wow, yeah, that’d be fabulous. Sunday would definitely work better for me.

Ok let’s keep bumping this thread so the others can keep updated and let us know if they can do Sunday instead. Of course, I’d be down for both days, although I usually do a long MUni on either Sat or Sunday. But I’d be just as happy doing a 36er ride both days!:smiley:

I wanna come!

I’m in for either day but Sunday would be better for me since I have something going on early afternoon Saturday and hate to be rushed to get home, shower, get back out, etc.

Sunday or Saturday works for me, just let us know! Will have to send out another group email if we change it.

sunday is better for me as well.

Yeah I think we should change it to Sunday. Jim and Ryan (onlyonewheel) can’t ride Saturday, and everyone else seems to be ok with Sunday, so Let’s go with Sunday at 8:30am! :smiley:

Hop on that train! :slight_smile:

Hop on that train!:slight_smile:

bump!

There is a train to Torrance? I’d use it to get there, it would also help the South OC kids too who can’t drive yet.

I’ll just have to drive though.

Jackie has been planning on taking the train down to LA from WA for a while, so we could get together with a group of riders for some extreme MUni rides.