Coker freewheel hub on a uni.

Nimbus freewheeling hub!

All of my prayers have been answered by the Nimbus gods…

I’ve been planning an offroad mini-penny farthing build for a while now, but always been held up by the lack of a decent hub option…I heard murmurings of Nimbus releasing a freewheeling hub, both in disc and non disc form…AND HERE IT IS!

NON DISC!

DISC

Offroad freewheeling double disc brake mini penny farthing is now a reality! Yeeee-Ha!

Hope everyone else is excited about these hubs as I am…Thanks Roger for making my day (I would have said making my month, but our 1 year old daughter walked yesterday for the first time, so that is Number #1, but the release of these hubs is a very close second, haha).

Cheers,

Daniel

drifthub.jpg

drifthubdisc.jpg

Thanks so much for posting this! And whoever is responsible for making these! I’ve found various other sources for freewheel hubs but this has got to be the most favorable for using with unicycles. I’m hoping I can get a wheel built using this hub so I can have a freewheel unicycle with a disc brake.

Where do you plan to put the second disc?

on the rear wheel of his penny

Penny plans.

As Didier said, it will be a disc front and rear build. 36" front wheel with stealth 2 rim, hub from above, waltworks tyre, foss tube. Cranks nimbus venture 2’s, pedals TBD.

Rear wheel is a trials aluminum rim, front SRAM x7 disc hub, SS spokes. Rear tyre a schwalbe BMX tyre.

Rear fork is a monty disc brake trials fork sacrificed for the build, backbone and front fork custom 4130 job. Hoping to work out internal brake line routing through the backbone of the frame to the rear wheel.

Brakes are avid bb7’s, levers also avid, cables shimano, front end bars etc a mix of truvativ, FSA and SRAM.

Once I escape from this oil rig prison on the North Sea, the parts should be waiting for me back home, and the build shall begin! Happy days :smiley:

Ah - rear disc on a penny seems a bit pointless though, given the geometry means you’ll get very little braking effect from the rear wheel.

Think outside the box mate, I never said this geometry was going to be normal.

How is the project going?Could you build that freewheeling wheelset?

I am also thinking of building a custom vehicle using 36" wheels and need freewheeling wheels just like you.So any help would be appreciated.Maybe, you can share some photos of what you have done.