Coker: Big Wheel Whoops!

Had only a narrow window to ride this morning before the next downpour, so I went to Kenter again to ride the “Whoops”…this time on my COKER! Wow, the sensation was like being in slow motion riding them! Due to the mud clogging the soles of my shoes and the nightrider tire, I lost most of the pedal grip, and traction, so I was only able to do a few whoops, but it was fun while it lasted, and to my surprise, I was able to get some decent air on one of the jumps!!!

I was about to leave when I met up with Curt, who turned out to be the “architect” who built the nearly one-mile long network of these awesome whoops about 12 years ago! He comes out nearly every day, rain or shine to maintain the jumps and make any repairs necessary. I was very impressed with his dedication and whoop-building skill, and offered to help out.

He happily said sure, so I grabbed a shovel and got a quick tutorial on how to build and maintain the massive whoops, made from dirt, gravel, rock and plenty of water. It was a real eye-opener and I have total respect for this guy, and plan to go back again to pitch in. Plus, I can’t wait to it dries out after the rainy season so I can hit these jumps more aggressively with the 36er! :smiley:

Hope you enjoy this short viddy and appreciate comments as well.
Cheers! :slight_smile:

Your making that look like fun there Terry.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Fun indeed! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! :smiley:

Whooooooo Buddy Whoops!!!

Yeah and wow and how fun that looks… you know how to live! Way to pitch in with Curt … those kinda guys respect that attitude!!!
Your tops Terry.
Shug

Thanks Sean. I love finding new trails and different ways to ride. The “whoops” are just another really fun and cool way to challenge yourself on a MUni and even a coker! :smiley:

awsome

what size cranks were you using there? Looked pretty fun, and of course a bit crazy… It must look pretty far down on the backside of one of those from way up on your coker.

Thanks much! :smiley:

Fun for sure, and I wanted to try it on my 36er because…well, just because it was just something different and out of the ordinary, haha. But I used 150mm for offroad coker MUni, 114mm for street/beach/distance. :slight_smile: