Cocker 36 " crank size

Hi Girls,

I would like buy a cocker.

What for a good crank size can i get?

thanks Peter

For first timers on a Coker, the best size is probably 140 or 150 mm cranks. Once you get good, you may want to switch to 125 mm, depending on the type of riding you’re doing.

Gilby, I am surprised you fell for that.:wink:

"You can yank me, and you can crank me.
But don’t ya wake up, and don’t ya thank me baby.

– Ted Nugent

Yeah, I thought it was a joke at first, but it was posted from the newsgroup by a familiar email address, a german unicyclist. So I gave the benefit of the doubt and gave a brief answer.

Re: Cocker 36 " crank size

Thanks Gilby,
I get 114, after my crash by downhill this morning.
I think 114 is to smal.

>S_Wally: Gilby, I am surprised you fell for that.:wink:
what is your problem?

Peter

Re: Re: Cocker 36 " crank size

I think they were a little confused by your spelling of coker (cocker sounds to similar to cock which is rather rude english slang) and the fact that you addressed your message to girls.

114mm is a very short length for coker cranks. For long distance road riding I use 125mm cranks on my coker. I know Ken Looi uses shorter than that some times, but only if the terrain warrants it. He also has the advantage of a lighter than usual coker wheel because of all the upgrades to his coker.

According to Ken converting your coker wheel to a tubeless system, replacing the spokes with lighter weight ones and using an airfoil rim allows you to end up with a lighter wheel that will handle shorter cranks better.

eg if you are happy with 125mm cranks and then make the above changers to your coker, you will probably be able to use 114mm cranks.

For a relatively new unicyclist I would recommend 150mm cranks until you get used to riding a big wheel.

For an experienced rider who has ridden a 28" wheel I would recommend going straight to 125mm cranks.

Re: Re: Re: Cocker 36 " crank size

Lets see.

His name is Peter (nickname for phallus)
He asks about a cocker (phallic) crank (phallic) size.

…then asks the “girls” what he can “get” with a “good crank size”

…then he mentions how 114" (4.5") is small. (which it kinda is).

I’m still working on my interpretation of “crash by downhill this morning”

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cocker 36 " crank size

Why, how thick are they normally?:stuck_out_tongue:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cocker 36 " crank size

LOL!!!

We ARE talking about crank arms aren’t we?

on my 28 i use 110,
I read in this forum someone use 102 or 110 on the coker.

this is teh reasen that i buy 114,
I think I change this

I write bevor over google, now I see it better to write directly

I ride with 110’s on the coker.

thay are fast on the flats, but are very bad on hills

I use 150s on the Coker, despite prefering 102s on the 28. Of course, I have the traditional heavy steel wheel.

I tried 125s and found the Coker perfectly rideable, but stopping distances increased so much that I found my average speed for a ride decreased. I have no doubt I could ride a Coker on 110s, but I do doubt I would enjoy it except for the novelty factor, which would probably wear off as quickly as the skin on my knees.

Aspenmike rides a Coker on 170s (I believe) and averages very high speeds - higher than I can average over shorter easier rides on 150s. Short cranks are not the be all and end all of fast riding.