coasting

Thank you for the helping Napoleon.
Sorry about the off topic.

I managed yesterday to glide for 20 metres. I will keep at it for longer gliding and the transition from riding, and then i will practice coasting. Any news of me will be posted…
Oh, and thank you for the coasting tutorials, i am sure they will help me…

I have bee practicing coasting sinceyesterday. I must admit that the progress is a bit slow, but i can now put both feet on th frame, and i have coasted for very little. I will keep practicing, and my news will be posted…

P.S. 1) Anyone else practicing coasting?
2) How much time do you think that it will take me to coast for 10 metres, with much practice?

I’m not sure about you but it would take me ages to learn…

Hi! Got 3,20 metres 2 days ago. Unfortunately, i lost 2 days of practice, but i will continue and hope i will reach 5 metres soon…

Way to go.:smiley: You are learning these skills very fast. Although it might be easier because people your age learn stuff faster. For me learning coasting took about a week to get 10 meters, but I had experience with gliding and wheelwalking skills. But yeah way to go.

the guy who did world record in coasting at unicon 13 told me that you must orient yourself upwarts. your arms shoul be in front of you,so you can balance best by going up and down with your hands.because when you want to learn coasting your problem wouldn´t be that you dump through left or right…your problem would be not to dump in front or in back of your uni… (after these hints i learned coasting about 10 meters in i think one and a halt day);):slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Sophia p.;1106402]
the guy who did world record in coasting at unicon 13 told me that you must orient yourself upwarts. your arms shoul be in front of youQUOTE]

yes this helps so much just keep your arms straight in front of you start a one foot wheel walk then its pretty easy to master

I have found that stretching your arms straight up really hard helps a lot. It makes you feel way more stable and correcting your balance is easier when doing this.

I made a coasting Video tutorial.

Maybe I will already upload it today :slight_smile: (I haven’t finished it yet)

Philipp

I’m still not sure what the difference is between gliding and coasting

With gliding one foot is touching the tire to slow you down and help you balance while the other stays on the frame. With coasting your feet don’t touch anything except the frame. The balance comes from your upper body rocking back and forth.

With gliding one foot is touching the tire to slow you down and help you balance while the other stays on the frame. With coasting your feet don’t touch anything except the frame. The balance comes from your upper body rocking back and forth.

cool thanks, coasting sounds hard…

So I have a 24" (Torker LX) and a 20" (KH), would it be any easier to learn coasing/gliding on one of them compared to the other?

Definitely learn it on a 20 inch.

any specific reasons you say that? My 24 has a somewhat worn down tire that slips nicely under my foot (when gliding), my 20 has a brand new creepy crawler on it which doesnt seem like it would be all that good (for gliding). Coasing – well… I’m still working my way to trying that out.