Clowns

The first thing people think of when i tell them i can unicycle is, “are you a clown or something?” I was wondering if anyone here is actually ever a clown? Just a thought.

Also, how should i go about idling. I am level one and to become level 2 i need to be able to figure 8 and right foot mount.

there are several of us clowns around, you’ll even find pictures of some of us!

I always get that to and “Are you going into the circus?” then they see my ride and ask if its good off road.

do a search on “drinking clown”. Seriously. go do it.
tomblackwood’s avatar will also give you nightmares for life.

I do clowning regularly. Not as a daily thing, but maybe once a month. I also twist balloons professionally, and was the president of our juggling club here. But Sofa wins the award for better clown. But just by a little!

edit: No, it looks like I’m ahead now. Look for the forum in JC titled Poll: Battle of the Clowns (or just click on the link). I’m very surprised that I took the lead. (10-9 when I posted this)

I think 90% of the unicyclists on here resent being called a clown and feel their activities are more along those of bmx and skateboarders. Or of course just plain old bicyclists.

If anyone asks if you are a clown, act as if they had no reason to ask that of you and ask them if they are a clown.

i am a bit of a clown boy i unicycle love diabolo’s but uni’s taken over + i like magic and can do a bit but again uni’s taken over.
ben

When I was little I did some magic. But that’s “performing” so I don’t do much anymore. I like strange things. I juggle, ride a uni, but i don’t like performing.

I ride a unicycle.
I juggle balls.
I juggle balls while I ride a unicycle.
I juggle clubs.
I juggle clubs while I ride a unicycle.
I juggle apples.
I eat apples while I juggle them.
I don’t eat apples while I juggle them on a unicycle though.

Why does this make me a clown? I’m not a performer!

I’m a juggler and a unicyclist.

I wear a fez when I ride and somehow this makes me a clown…
since when do clowns wear fez!?..maybe arab clowns…but clowns don’t wear fez over here…

i dont do clowning, but i am a magician and do kids parties and do balloons and stuff, but no not a clown…im starting to get into it, but not because of unicycling…uni is just another sport i do…kinda like i do BMX

collin

clown

n 1: a rude or vulgar fool [syn: buffoon] 2: a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior [syn: buffoon, merry andrew] v : act as or like a clown [syn: clown around, antic]

Re: definition #2, when they call you a clown they are saying not only that you amuse them, but that your behavior is ridiculous. Of course, I don’t take it that way when (on rare occasion) someone calls me a clown–usually the child is under age 8, and they ask. When I ask if they are a clown, they laugh and we had a fun exchange.

clown vs plumber vs $million athlete

For the last 10 plus years, my near daily work-out has included a 4 mile ride around a Brooklyn (NYC) park while juggling 3 clubs. No one asks if I’m a clown. Mostly I get: “Skilz, mon” “Concentration” (from the West Indies people) “Go baby go” “You go boy” “You’re my hero” and so on. So, for those who resent being called a clown, I advise you learn to juggle (Just kidding :D).

I’ll tell you what I do resent, though. When I juggle 3 toilet
plungers, people ask if I’m a plumber. :smiley: Does this happen to you? That I resent, because unicyclists are much better athletes than plumbers (generally speaking), and I prefer to be equated with those athletes that earn $millions. Maybe I should juggle basketballs!

Actually, I am quite flattered to be mistaken for any profession.
Clown, plumber, whatever, it’s all just an honest living, nothing to be ashamed of. So I take no offense.

:smiley:

I think World champion UK downhill Mountain biker Steve Peat would disagree with you there, lol

My freind asked me recently if i’d like to be a clown. When he found out I was learning to unicyle he asked me that, cause he is a clown sometimes and does balloon animals, so he thought maye i’d like to be a unicycle riding clown, maybe someday. We were at the park and i’m like" theres people here" I’m not always into people watching me, if i’m trying to have fun, in I want them to then it’s ok. I rode a little and some of the kids at the park seemed to like it, I pretended like I was gonna run into a stroller, but didn’t get to close, that could get ugly.

Anyways, it was fun, i’m getting a half revolution backwards to forwards sometimes, so thats cool, plus it’s getting warmer out.

Andrew

Re: clown vs plumber vs $million athlete

time to switch to long-handled bath brushes

keeps them guessing

Re: clown vs plumber vs $million athlete

Cover up that crack and this problem is likely to go away. :smiley:

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Re: Clowns

Murde Mental wondered:
> since when do clowns wear fez!?

Tommy Cooper was famous for it.

Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” - Thomas Paine