Close call riding the bike lane!

yep- Thats the reason I don’t run the KH handle on my Gmuni. I don’t know why kris feels as though two little welds are suitably strong enough for handles that people might actually utilise. Its baffling. I pull and twist and put all sorts of forces through my custom handle to attain better leverage and torque on my muni. Transferring those forces to the seat post though a stoker stem or to the brake tube on a rail adapter is a much better option in my opinion. That way you don’t need to worry about the stiffness of the seat too much either. A seat post is always going to be stronger than a seat base- and if you are not convinced- get a thomson. Problem solved.

If I were you Terry, I’d stick with the replacement set up you have now. Its going to be stiffer and stronger than the design of the current KH handle.

Mark

Went to Twins Bike shop–these guys are miracle workers–and I told them what I had in mind to make my own setup, and they found all the parts, put it all together and now the setup is ideal! I’m telling you, if you need ANYTHING they can do it, and they’re super nice people who love their work, and it shows!

I needed to raise the handle/aerobars higher, since the stoker stem is at a fixed angle, and thus lower than the bracket setup, whoich was adjustable up & down. So we took an aluminum seatpost–just the right length–which has a tapered down end that fit perfectly into the stoker stem.

Then to raise the bars higher we used an adjustable stem riser, then for the “T” we cut down a tapered aluminum bmx handlebar. The aero bars went on that, and then the bar ends flipped back as before for mounting. All I need to do now is paint the boom flat black. I could achieve the same higher position by using a stoker stem with a greater angle, but this way I have more adjustability. I took it for a test ride and wow! Even more comfortable than before and feels solid as a rock! :smiley:

Btw, the Twins called me last night to tell me that a Japanese guy was there who is a classic bike collector, and that he wanted to buy my 1966 & 1967 classic Stingrays. The Twins had been kind enough to display them in their store so that I might find a buyer. He offered $1,000 for both, and I said I couldn’t take less than $1,300. He agreed and paid cash! Thanks again to the TWINS! :smiley: