Climbing the TOP 10 steepest streets in SF!

This was the most difficult unicycling challenge I’ve ever attempted, and definitely a personal record for me. The climbs ranged from 31% to a seemingly impossible 41% grade! To be honest, after the very first climb I think it was mostly sheer will power and adrenaline that kept me going to do the next 9, and somehow I managed to climb all 10 streets on the first attempt. There’s a pretty good chance that you will “feel my pain” watching this video…:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Nicely done. That is one way to keep you fit and feeling younger. :wink:

1 Like

Unbelievable.!
What are the specs on the 29er wheel in the last section, the tire looks so small and the Frame looks like it could take much larger wheel.

1 Like

I will say: “Respect!”
When I try to ride some steeper uphills, at some point the wheel just locks up and I tumble off. You handle it very well.

1 Like

Amazing. I assume there is no easy way to know/determine the grade of a given hill apart from knowing from open source city data (or with a level and calculator like I just found on a youtube video)? Also grade is probably rarely constant…

1 Like

Congratulations Terry!! Great job!!

1 Like

Each street’s grade percentage is taken at various points and averaged out. I used my clinometer app on some of the streets and it was pretty much the same result.

1 Like

Joshua’s 29er is on a KH 36er frame and it has a 700c rim and tire. I found it very twitchy and hard to control, likely because the psi was so high there was minimal contact patch.